I'm sailing for Alaska! (and its not what you think)
Here is the scoop:
• 8 wonder women (Team Sail Like a Girl)
• 7 demanding days (give or take - but we hope take)
• 3 awful long oars (gotta have a spare)
• 2 custom bikes (of sorts)
• 1 marvelous Melges 32 (engine removed)
• 750 grueling miles up the inside passage
• Dozens of family and friends who support our passion for adventure, our thirst for pushing the limits and our commitment to showing what strong women are capable of achieving.
Your support will help me prepare and gear up to stay safe and warm on the 750 mile trek north this June! Additional funds raised will go to preventing and curing breast cancer (see below). I truly appreciate your support!! THANK YOU!
Sail Like a Girl
Team Sail Like a Girl is an all women crew competing in this year's Race to Alaska (R2AK) to promote women in racing. We have grit, a true passion for the sea, sailing/rowing and the determination and persistence it takes to excel in this grueling 750 mile, no support, no motor race from Port Townsend, Washington to Ketchican Alaska.
Your support with help outfit our team and the boat with what we need to be competitive and safe. Funds raised in excess of boat/race expenses will be donated to the Pink Boat Regatta in support of the Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF). Pink Boat Regatta Mission: We fuel smart research to develop new paths for breast cancer prevention and a cure. This turns cancer patients into survivors, buys precious time, and improves lives. We do this through sailing. Because that's what we do.
Funds: Needed now through the race in June 2018.
- Meghan Traylor
- Cynthia Adamson
- Colleen Titos
- Barb & Leon Robert
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more