"My mom survived COVID only to lose everything in a fire. I was on my way to a hunting trip and I decided to go early and spend a few days with my mom. She woke at 6:45 as per usual and turned on her heater and went to the bathroom. When she came out, there were flames everywhere. I was able to get out of the apartment with a photo album and just her pajamas and slippers. Everything was lost due to a faulty outlet. She lives in a senior living facility and now has nothing.
She needs everything from warm clothes to bedding to a hairbrush to a coffeemaker – it’s all gone. We are going through and itemizing and estimating the cost of everything she lost; it’s not easy to put a price tag on mementos and memories.
She does have renter’s insurance so hopefully that should cover some of the value that was lost, but we don’t know when that will be paid out. Anything you can help with to get her over this hump would be greatly appreciated. We are staying with my sister for now, as we start to re-build.
Clothing, bedding, towels, household items are needed along with groceries. These can be sent to: 410 S. 4th Street Apt C, Canton, MO 63435 c/o Sean McEndree
On behalf of my family, I thank you for reading this and supporting".
- Elizabeth Wallace
- David Thomforde
- Sarah Janssen
- Linda Ingram
- James Hartley
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more