Help fix the Furrow Home

On the morning of September 16th my family's home was destroyed in a fire caused by a faulty/old electrical socket. My mom, dad, brother and I were on our last day of vacation in North Carolina when my mom recieved a call at 7 am stating there had been a fire. We packed up early and after a grueling five hour drive home my family found their home and all their belongings completely destroyed. Their home was built in 1937 and belonged to my great grandmother. We are planning to rebuild but obviously this will take a great deal of help and patience. My family is not the kind to ask for help so this is especially hard. We are so thankful for the passerby who stopped to call 911, and the diligent work of Spotsylvania County's firefighters/first responders. More importantly we are thankful that no one was in the house as this could have been much more tragic.
23944356_1505616710.7861_funddescription
  • TRACY OSBORNE 
    • $100 
    • 49 mos
  • Angela Shawaryn 
    • $100 
    • 49 mos
  • Nathan Morath 
    • $50 
    • 50 mos
  • Becky Carter 
    • $100 
    • 50 mos
  • Dorita Jones 
    • $20 
    • 50 mos
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

Lauren Patricia 
Organizer
Spotsylvania Courthouse, VA
Penny Lloyd 
Beneficiary
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more