***Full story below, but here is the Reader's Digest version: There are significant appliances at St. Ann's, needed for FESTA, that are not repairable, so we are desperately seeking donations to purchase the products. If we cannot raise money collectively as a community, then the Festa may not return. Thank you for your generosity!
Dear Friends of the Festa,
Despite efforts to relaunch Festa in 2022, we were presented with several obstacles that unfortunately played a role in the decision to hold off another year. We considered moving the event to different dates, but these challenges didn’t allow us the time to pull it off. We are disappointed to share this news, but if we can raise the appropriate funds, we plan to continue our FESTA tradition in 2023.
For Festa to return, we need help. Below is not a plea of “we hope” you will consider taking action. If we are going to relaunch Festa we need everyone’s support in the following financial call to action. St. Ann’s Church is limited on resources, so for the Festa to return annually it will require a massive community effort. Whether you are a parishioner, a long-time Festa fan, a Pizza Fritte lover or a combination of the three, we ask for your help.
1. $100,000 Fundraising Commitment. These funds would replace necessary appliances that, in some cases, are over 60 years old. For a frame of reference, a new 40-gallon industrial sauce vat with installation costs between $40,000-$50,000. Several professionals have looked at this appliance for repair, but each recommended it is time for a new vat.
Additionally, we need to factor in inflated expenses. Lastly, we need an emergency nest to have on hand. Had we had emergency funds, the Festa likely would have returned sooner.
In order to meet our goal quickly we are seeking any donations but if it is within your means please consider:
We know these are lofty asks so thank you in advance!
• Our fundraising link will be included in communications as a GoFundMe
- You may also mail a check to St. Ann's directly, which would avoid processing charges. Please note Festa Fundraiser on the memo line.
• We are looking for CORPORATE SUPPORT. If you work for a local company, please see if they will contibute to this long standing community event.
2. SHARE, LIKE, REPOST AND EMAIL LINK.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Fundraising studies show that funds increase quite a bit when a direct request is made by email. Please email the GoFundMe link to friends and family who love Festa.
Please share, like, and repost our social media announcements, including this note. Social media platforms have algorithms that determine what will be shown on newsfeeds. So share often! The financial goal is our priority, and we will rely on your help promoting our needs for generous support.
3. We will need volunteers, which we will address, but the current focus is raising funds to purchase equipment promptly.
St. Ann’s Parish and the community want Festa back. Let's not let this tradition be a thing of the past. Festa has created many unforgettable memories…as well as many sauced-stained shirts! We are confident that our great supporters will help in the efforts for a strong return of Festa in 2023.
Thank you so much for your generous contributions and help to spread the word.
-The Festa Committee-