"The only wand you will ever need is a better feeling thought." - C.G. Rousing
That's me and my granddaughter - Ella!
Hi! I'm Carolyn - a determined, self-published author with BIG DREAMS! I'm on a mission. I want to help make our INNER and OUTER world a kinder, happier, more self-aware place!
When we become aware that, "we are thinking all the time" and that "our thoughts create our feelings and experiences and attract what we want, or don't want, in our lives" and that "we have a choice as to the thoughts we think" - then we are able to live a more conscious, compassionate life - and ultimately create a kinder, better world.
And - that is the heart and essence of this campaign.
It is my goal - my intention - to share this understanding with as many people as possible and initiate a conversation about developing more conscious, transformative entertainment. And, you can help!Your contribution will help - not only to initiate a conversation about developing more mainstream, conscious, transformative entertainment - but to create it!
I've authored the transformative, for-all-ages, epic, metaphysical fantasy - THOUGHTS TO DIE FOR
- a fun, action-packed adventure through parallel worlds where thought creates reality.
Most of the content came to me through my dreams. It took me over ten years to write.THOUGHTS TO DIE FOR
is a transformative tool to help readers of all ages realize who we REALLY
are - and how our thoughts determine our reality. SOME REVIEWS:
An action-packed adventure through the 11th Dimension where thought creates reality.
Your contribution will help - not only to initiate a conversation about developing more mainstream, conscious, transformative entertainment - but to create it!
Your contribution will help bring THOUGHTS TO DIE FOR
to life and to get this message into the hands of as many readers as possible!
My display at the San Diego Festival of Books - and several happy THOUGHTS TO DIE FOR
readers!Your contribution will be utilized in one or more of the following ways:
Your contribution will help to continue to bring THOUGHTS TO DIE FOR
to LIFE - visually. I recently hired an amazing artist to help me do just that. Based upon my descriptions San Diego-based artist, Hunter Urscum, was able to breathe visual life into four THOUGHTS TO DIE FOR characters pictured above and below:
1) Levi Levy - the 15-year old protagonist
2) Elton Hemphelius III - the ingenious, eccentric, metaphysical wizard
3 & 4) Mobert & Sner - tall-as-a-doorknob brother nelves
Your contribution will help to bring the remaining sixteen characters and the enchanted world of Dimension 11: Ceres to life - 111 images in total.
Estimated Total Cost: $22,0002) BOOK FESTIVALS and CONVENTIONS
Your contribution will allow me to reach a wider audience by attending book festivals and conventions. I recently participated in the San Diego Union Tribune Festival of Books and would like to continue to participate in festivals throughout the United States and abroad. Some U.S. Book Festivals and Conventions Include:
1) Tucson Festival of Books - Tucson, Arizona - Annually in March - (awaiting response for pricing)
2) LA Times Festival of Books - Los Angeles, California - Annually in April (awaiting response for pricing)
3) Printers Row Lit Fest - Chicago, Illinois - Annually in June (awaiting response for pricing)4) San Diego Festival of Books - San Diego, CA - Annually in August (I participated in the 2019 festival!)
) Decatur Book Festival - Decatur, Louisiana - Annually August 31 - September 1 ($835.00 Early Bird rate)
6) Brooklyn Book Festival - Brooklyn, New York - Annually in September - (awaiting response for pricing)
7) Wisconsin Book Festival - Madison Wisconsin - Annually in October - (awaiting response for pricing)
8) The Texas Teen Book Festival - Austin, Texas - Annually in October - (awaiting response for pricing)
9) Texas Book Festival - Austin, Texas - Annually in October - ($725.00 - $1,025.00)10) O. C. Children's Book Festival - Costa Mesa, CA - Annually in October (I'm registered for this! Oct. 6, 2019)
11) Louisiana Book Festival - Baton Rogue, Louisiana - Annually in November - ($370.00 Mini Booth Space)
12) Miami Book Fair International - Miami, Florida - Annually in November - ($320.00 in Writer's Row) 13) Dystopia Sci-Fi Con - Los Angeles - Annually in November (I'm registered for this! Nov. 8-10, 2019) My display at the San Diego Festival of Books - and several happy Thoughts To Die For readers! 3) MANUFACTURE PROTOTYPESTHOUGHTS TO DIE FOR
is brimming with enchanted snacks, objects, clothing and other magical items that are tools which can be utilized to spread awareness about the power of our thoughts.
Some of these items include: Enchanted Cupcakes, Crater Water, Lawanda's Herbal Tonic, The Think-A-View, The Game of Death, Ohm and Ohm's, The Parasike - and countless others. Your contribution will allow me to create prototypes for, and manufacture some of these educational items!
Estimated Initial Cost: $10,0004) BOOK-TO-FILM-FUND
It is my ultimate DREAM to see THOUGHTS TO DIE FOR as a feature film - as well as an animated film. Your contribution will allow me to build a book-to-film fund for THOUGHTS TO DIE FOR that will allow me to approach, or be approached by, a production company interested in making THOUGHTS TO DIE FOR a movie and have the backing needed to support/supplement the production.
I recently purchased Final Draft 11 Screenwriting software and intend to write the screenplay. I would, ideally, prefer to work with a team of seasoned professionals on this. 5) CONTINUE WRITING
Your support will also allow me to continue writing! I have several other transformative books I'm working on: Hippie Girl, Ethereal Girl and - The Intenders! And, I am working on books two and three of the THOUGHTS TO DIE FOR
I am, at the moment - a team of one. I have a lot on my plate. I cannot tell you how much your support means to me...
"The only wand you will ever need is a better feeling thought."
- C.G. Rousing/Author, THOUGHTS TO DIE FOR