As many of you know, we got word that baby Brooklyn was diagnosed with many heart conditions and a possible syndrome. She was diagnosed with Tetralogy of Fallot (causes oxygen-poor blood to flow out of the heart and into the rest of the body). Pulmonary Artesia (the valve that controls blood flow from the heart to the lungs, doesn’t form at all). Right Aortic Arch (aortic arch traverses over the right lung instead of the left lung). Ventricular Septal Defect (a hole in the wall between the heart's lower chambers). MAPCAS (arteries that develop to supply blood to the lungs when native pulmonary circulation is underdeveloped. Instead of coming from the pulmonary trunk, supply develops from the aorta and other systemic arteries). Finally, blood work came back as a high possibility that she has DiGeorge Syndrome, also known as 22q11.2 deletion (disorder caused when a small part of chromosome 22 is missing. This deletion results in the poor development of several body systems). "Medical problems commonly associated with 22q11.2 deletion syndrome include heart defects, poor immune system function, a cleft palate, complications related to low levels of calcium in the blood, and delayed development with behavioral and emotional problems. The number and severity of symptoms associated with 22q11.2 deletion syndrome vary. However, almost everyone with this syndrome needs treatment from specialists in a variety of fields."
Brooklyn Joyce will be born December 9th due to complications I'm having this pregnancy (too much amniotic fluid) and complications I had last pregnancy (ruptured uterus). With cases like hers, full term and natural birth are the main goals to make sure no further problems arise. However, I'm needing a scheduled c-section and needing to deliver her 4 weeks early. Most of you know that I'm a stay at home mom with our other two girls (4 year old and 2 year old) so our only income is from Matthew working. With the news we've gotten, I'm sure he'll be out of work for a while which makes us very stressed. Full term babies with these conditions are in the NICU for a minimum of 10 days, so we're expecting a longer stay. As far as surgery goes, everything depends on how her body reacts to the real world. Ideally, we're hoping she's stable enough to make it to 6 months before her first open heart surgery, which will most likely take place out of state. However, if things don't go as planned, she might need intervention before that. We found out about Brooklyn's condition 2 months ago and I've already had 3 cardiologist appointments scheduled to keep an eye on her heart. So you can imagine all the appointments she'll be needing once she's born.
We're making this GoFundMe in hopes to get some help with medical bills, keeping food on our table and a roof over our head during this difficult and unfortunate time. Of course, there's the "what if" scenarios and if the absolute worst happens and Brooklyn doesn't make it, the money would still go towards medical bills and funeral costs. If you can't donate, a prayer and a share would be absolutely amazing! I will make sure I keep this post updated on all the latest news about Brooklyn. Thank you to those who took the time to read this and to those of you who donated and or shared! Your help is greatly appreciated!