We are asking for donations from our family, friends and community to help rebuild our life. On the early morning hours of Oct 19th our house started on fire. The fire started in the attached garage and moved quickly into the kitchen and living room. Our car was parked in the driveway and also started on fire and was a total loss. The fire was investigated and was determined to be an electrical issue. We had originally hoped to salvage most of our belonging however due to the fire fighters having to put several holes in the wall and ceiling to stop the fire, asbestos was released into the home. We were told that it is unsafe to remove any of our belongings from the house due to the asbestos, as it could cause lung damage and cancer. All of our memories and belonging are going to have to be disposed of by an abatement professional who will have to use hazmat suits and special respirators. Unfortunately we did not have renters insurance and the homeowners insurance is not going to cover the cost of the clean up. We are anticipating the bill for the clean up to cost thousands of dollars. We stood at a hotel until we were able to get an apartment. My family needs everything from basic hygiene, food, clothes and furniture. I have dedicated my life to serve the sick, disabled and elderly and have been a nursing home Nurse for over 15 years. My husband is also a essential worker. We have been married for 19 years and have 2 sons 10 and 14. This has been so traumatizing to my family and my sons are having nightmares and are scared. My family humbly asks for any donations to help start our life over. No amount is to small and every penny counts. Please share. With your donations and shares we will rise again like the Phoenix...Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!!!!
- Mary Dragoo
- Federico Merino Aguiar