ARC Gallery celebrates its 50th Birthday in 2023! ARC’s longevity and unique Chicago impact over these 50 years has always depended on the unfailing support from a multitude of talented artists and dedicated patrons.
Now, as we celebrate this Jubilee Year, we want to express our gratitude to all those people who have helped ARC impact so many lives and helped us to reach this moment. We are reaching out to friends who believe in ARC's mission, and want to help us continue for the next 50 years.
Over the course of 2023, ARC will host various events feting our artists and supporters, and celebrating both the gallery’s history and its future potential. In preparation for these events, we are reaching out to old and new supporters, asking you to help us prepare for the celebration of this milestone.
The Athena Fund has graciously committed a $5000 matching grant to ARC to help us continue our mission. We ask all those who support emerging artists, women artists, diverse artists or small impactful galleries, to consider joining us by donating a birthday gift to help match this support. (And stay tuned for invitations to join the upcoming birthday celebrations.)
About ARC: ARC (Artists & Residents Chicago) Gallery is proud of its status as the only surviving not-for-profit women’s cooperative gallery in the Midwest. For 50 years, it has been committed to the arts community via exhibitions of quality contemporary art regardless of gender, race, or ethnicity of the artist; showing the work of over 6000 unique artists from around the globe! The gallery also remains committed to both professional and financial support of artists, particularly young, female or emerging artists.
How does ARC love and support the art community? And what will your donation help provide? Let us count the ways:
• Bringing a feminist perspective to the management of a contemporary art gallery
• Working with the vibrant West Town arts community to welcome artists, patrons, and those curious about experiencing art to a safe, beautiful, and professional gallery space
• Presenting themed group juried exhibitions, so that artists with various and diverse talents and mediums meet and exhibit their work together
• Exhibiting high-quality original art for sale at non-exorbitant prices
• Substantially subsidizing the cost of solo exhibitions for artists
• Supporting emerging artists with their first exhibitions in our professional gallery
• Working with art students at colleges and universities to mentor young women artists
• Donating exhibition space to underserved or naïve artists
• Presenting exhibits, workshops, discussion groups and programs of interest to the general Chicago art world.
Won’t you help us celebrate our 50th year of supporting emerging artists? ARC Gallery is a 501c3 organization, so your donation is tax-deductible. Any donation will help make an impact. And thanks to the generosity of the Athena Fund, your donation counts twice!
$20 - ARC Supporter
$50 - ARC Friend
$100 - ARC Angel
$250 - ARC BFF
$500 - ARC Jubilee Giant
Thank you for your support!