We are HackGuild, an organization of students from all over the United States who aim to increase access to tech education, especially for high school students in low-income communities and underrepresented minorities. We do this by hosting hackathons (competitive & creative coding sprints), workshops, speaker panels, and other events. We also provide mentorship and share resources with our students. We also teach high school students the leadership skills necessary to host their own tech events within their communities, to expand our reach and provide more impact.
In the short time we have worked as a collaborative team, we:
- fostered a community of 1,000 students from all over the world and hosted a hackathon for them
- have 3 student teams organizing hackathons for the future
- hosted a dozen workshops on topics such as "Intro to Git and Version Control" as well as "Intro to Web Development with React.js"
- partnered with Visionary Fellowship to serve as mentors to aspiring software engineers, product managers, and designers
In order to continue having a positive impact, we need your help. Your contribution, no matter how large or small, will go toward:
- renewing our non-profit status and getting tax exemption
- providing financial aid to event organizers to allow our communities to flourish even more
- hosting hackathons, workshops, speaker series, and other events
- providing mentorship and resource access to our students
We appreciate any help you can give us. It would mean a lot to me and my team to be able to expand our operations to serve more students. Your support will be useful and valued. Thank you!
Your donation matters