Lower Lumbar Discectomy

The thing that is really important is that the cost of the surgery is due the 29th of December at a minimum of 50%.

Hello! I'm just your average mom. Okay I am a plus size mom, but thats beside the point. My journey with this issue has been a disaster, one after another. In January I will be undergoing (hopefully) a discectomy. That is the process of removing part of a disk in my sping.

Here is the breakdown of the $2k we are asking for:

$1k- Surgery costs
$700- bills we will not be able to pay because I will be out of work for 6 weeks following the surgery.
$300- for groceries, toiletries, gas for post-op visits, etc.

The up coming appointments/post-op's are scheduled as followed:

Dec 11- PT Class- to learn how to move post surgery
Dec 29- Pre-op labs & Covid test
Jan 4- Surgery
Jan 13- Post-op
Feb 17- Post-op
April 7- Post-op

For a breakdown in details for how we go to this point, please see the following:

In December 2019 I began experiencing some pain in my back. As time went on it got a bit worse. Here is a timeline;

January 2020- ER trip, in a lot of pain in lower back. Was discharged and given pain meds.

March 2020- ER trip, pain has now traveled to leg, suspected sciatica, sent to Physical Therapy.

June 2020- pain has not gone away, got a second opinion and was sent to Orthopedic doctors.

July 2020- Ortho doctors said an MRI needed to be done.

July 14th- MRI and X-ray's were done. Herniated disk in lower lumbar was discovered.

July 24th- Was told I needed a shot in my spine or PT. I had already tried PT, so we went with the shot.

August 13th- Cortisone/Steroid shot in spine. Pain relief, things got easier. Started going to the gym to build back my muscle tone to prevent further issues. The first shot is said to last up to 6 weeks.

September 1st- Pain had returned, knew it was time for another shot, visited doctor who set up appointment for second shot.

October 21st- Second Cortisone/Steroid shot. The second shot is said to last up to 6 months. No pain relief. Worse pain. I am convince the doctor hit the nerve and the wrong spot. I screamed and they had to hold me down. It was AWFUL.

October 28th- Doctor at Ortho told me to do PT. I had already done PT and knew it was not helping, asked for a second opinion.

December 1st- Met with second opinion doctor, got new X-ray's. Doctor said we had to do surgery.

So now we are here! Surgery is set for January 4th and will cost about $1k that we do not have! That is where we hope you all will come in.


 See top
  • Anonymous 
    • $75 
    • 26 d
  • Zach Naayers 
    • $150 
    • 1 mo
  • Tammy and Mike Lovett 
    • $250 
    • 1 mo
  • Billy & Laura Edgerton 
    • $200 
    • 1 mo
  • Ralph Adams 
    • $50 
    • 1 mo
See all


Courtney Phillips Lovett 
Lynchburg, VA
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more