Mission is to enhance the social, economic, cultural, physical and mental well-being of Regina residents through community gardening.
We are looking to purchase a dependable tractor with appropriate attachments for the garden because we see the many benefits it could provide...but we need your help!
Thanks to Billy Bee Honey
, we already have $9200 set aside, and have saved up another $3400. All we need now is $7500 to get the *tractor we so badly need. We are hoping to raise the funds we need before the next garden season, spring 2019.
Some things this tractor will help us with:
· Bad backs
– so gardener volunteers do not have to haul as much dirt for gardens; crusher dust for paths; hoses to set up in the spring and pick up in the fall; lumber for garden boarder construction and repair; and other heavy materials by hand.
· Weed Control
– by pulling a variety of tools on the back of the tractor along the wider paths will help to get rid of those pesky weeds so we don’t have to use herbicides – this is good news for the bees! (This is a back-saver as well)
· Lawn Mower Back-up
– When our ten-year-old riding lawn mower needs replacement, this tractor could be the back-up with the addition of a mower attachment.
· Major Water Breaks
– The bucket on this tractor could be used to dig down to the area where a major water issue is happening and in the reclamation of the site afterwards.
· Saving time
– all of this combined will mean that we will be able to get things done faster!
· Making the garden the best it can be
- for the hundreds of gardeners who feed their families with these gardens.
Any amount you can contribute will be a big help! Thank you for your consideration and continued support.
Note: The Co-op community spaces grant we received can only be used for gazebo art piece and gathering space.
*New garden tractors range in price from $15,000 to $22,000, depending on the make and attachments. Used tractors are hard to come by and come with reduced warrantees and possible mechanical issues. The tractor we are hoping for would look something like this...