Hello there. My name is Gretchen Suk. Last Monday night 12/14/20 I was cooking dinner for my birthday that night, when all of the sudden the pot I was using made a huge popping noise. Within seconds my kitchen was in flames. My roommate and I struggled to put out the fire but couldn't because the flames had become dangerous. At that pointed we decided it was safest to evacuate. I was, however, able to grab one of my cats before running out of my apartment. My other cat was still trapped inside and traumatized. I really thought I was going to lose her. After 20 minutes of waiting outside in the cold the fire was put out. That night we learned our place was inhabitable.
I started this page to help raise money for damages(10,000 worth of damage) and replace my belongings that I have lost. Most of my things (75%) were covered in a thick layer of soot and the smell of smoke had seeped through. My furniture was unsalvageable. I lost a table & chairs, 2 couches, a tv stand, a hutch, a dresser, a desk, and a bookshelf. Through my time living here I've worked really hard to furnish the place and make it finally feel like home, only to loose it all.
With a fire like this it is going to be a process and take awhile to rebuild. So at this point I really need as much help as I can to get that rebuilding process started.
- Stacy Suhadolc
- Julie Ballenger
- Kaitlyn ROBERTS
- Jennifer Miller
- Tracy Mazzei
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more