Hi! My name is Abraham and I am the co-writer/director of Good Boy, a ten-minute thriller for my thesis project at CSULB.
Here's a little bit about me: I was raised in a small town just outside the San Francisco Bay Area by a Muslim-American family of five. I developed my creative side early on as I would perform little one-act shows for my family constantly. I have always made it a goal to entertain others and bring smiles to their faces, even as a little boy. It wasn't until high school that I realized what I wanted to do with this passion of mine. I started making films with nothing but an HD camcorder and some friends. It was the process of being on set that made me realize that I not only love making movies but that I am exceptional at it as well.
I am now here today to ask you, my friends, family, colleagues, and all other fellow audience members for your generous contribution to my newest project.
Good Boy is a dramatic and suspenseful thriller about Andrew, a brittle teenager, who must figure out a way to escape the shackles of his horrifying home.
To those of you who have watched, or even worked on my previous films, you know the amount of work and attention to detail that goes into these projects. This being my 8th short film in three years, I can confidently say that I fully intend to knock this one out of the park. If you know anything about my style as a filmmaker, it is that I want nothing more than to take my audiences on an epic, emotional thrill ride.
But even more than that, this story is truly from the bottom of my heart. The characters are as real as they get and I love each of them deeply. I truly mean it when I say that this is the best script I have ever written. It provides that thrill ride while simultaneously leaving audiences feeling as if they truly learned something that they would have never learned somewhere else. It shows the harsh reality of a toxic family system that gradually implodes on itself, and how one can make it out alive and finally be free.
I am very confident in myself and my collaborators that we can put this story onto the big screen, but we cannot do it without your support! As you may already know, filmmaking can be a very costly endeavor. If there is one thing I have learned throughout my career thus far, it is that making art at the highest level requires an investment.
Here are just a few things that your donation will go a long way to contribute towards:
- Crew - Our hardworking and talented student filmmakers need all the support they can get to reach the peak of their creative ability.
- Equipment - It's simple, folks. The better the equipment, the greater the technical ability we possess to create the most impactful story possible.
- Art Department - To fill the screen with a world that can make viewers crave even more time to watch the film.
- Cast - To reward the hardworking individuals who are courageous enough to enter themselves into another person's life.
- Location - To allow this story to have a location that serves its true intention: to be a character of its own.
- Safety & Crafty - To ensure the safety of our cast & crew while also keeping them properly fed and hydrated.
Now, I must level with you. Life can be trying and it just might not be a good time to donate to this important cause. I understand. Whether you can support the project or not, I want to create something great for YOU. I believe our team is incredibly gifted, and we want nothing more than to share our gifts with the world. This film will go beyond CSULB. The world needs to see this and it is my mission to make sure that it happens. It will be submitted to film festivals and other contests all over Los Angeles, distribution companies, and more!
Your donation will not only contribute to this mission, but it will also make you a vital addition to this film's success. Anything you can contribute will go a long way in making something that audiences everywhere will enjoy.
Here are some incentives for your gracious contribution:
- $10 - Social Media Shoutout
- $25 - Copy of the film + BTS Photos
- $50 - Early access to Good Boy soundtrack scored by Dane Charles Tharp
- $100 - Podcast with the Director and Writers of Good Boy
- $500 - Special Thanks Credit
- $1000 - Executive Producer Credit
Thank you all so much for your consideration! I wish you all the best. Godspeed.
Fundraising team (2)
Raised $400 from 10 donations
Long Beach, CA
Raised $175 from 3 donations