I want to first thank you all from the WordPress community. It’s been the many people I’ve had the pleasure of meeting at past WordCamps who’ve inspired me to take on new heights of writing. I continue in appreciation to my family, close friends, and former co-workers who encourage me daily never to give up on this journey.
I’m a writer, poet, entrepreneur and content creator. I write under the name Budd Hansen – feel free to call me however you know me by.The story campaign
which may have brought you here brings awareness to my journey. Since having the opportunity to step away from my corporate job in October of 2018, I meditate daily, continue to build my portfolio site, travel for storytelling, started two Podcasts, wrote two books, and loss 30lbs.
I’m asking for support from everyone; local communities of Portland, individuals who also feel they're on a road less traveled, and from the anxiety and depression I've overcome, I'm asking for support from those who understand it. You can join me in this journey and become a new voice in my head who fuels my daily drive.What Brings Me Here?
Bravery and tenacity to leave a six-figure plus salary job for a childhood dream. And insanity to put all finances on the line to fulfill moments of anxiety.
The experience of walking a path which no one guides you is priceless. I’ve come to terms with who I am, what makes me happy, and to accept a past, including people, I don't control.
Through my stories I plan to share in better context my journey of self-redevelopment. Understand why I made 'bad' decisions, why I no longer care, and where my heads at today. Acceptance has been my fate – it wouldn’t have happened any other way.
I prematurely kicked off this campaign in August because I was afraid of going broke. It didn’t feel authentic to put this out there without a plan. In forgiving myself for rushing it, the 44-day story campaign evolved by the words I add each day. Now I'm running a mile for each donation received by the end of 2020!WHAT BOOKS HAVE I WROTE AND WHAT AM I WRITING?
Paperback version of ‘AN EYE BETWEEN MY HAIKU
’ is NOW ON AMAZON!
This is book one of a self-published creative writing series. Written in a 10-day period after coming down from the heights of anxiety and depression this past summer for not being able to publish the first book I completed. Written out of meditation and free thought, the end provides space for readers to journal in the book as well. The process was effortless, so with the remaining four books in the series I project the cadence to change.Read More here!
is about a boy from tribal land in Africa who fixes racism on refined ‘American’ soil – think colors... This is book one of the Divine IX Trilogy
. The stories were all developed by me running up hilltops, jogging trails, working out in cold or hot weather conditions, and meditation.
I plan to give out copies at Budd’s Book Party
. If you’d like a copy of this book, please donate and I’ll reserve you one before its release date.Click Here To Read More!
I’m also working on a non-fiction relating to Human Cognitive Functional Typology.
I won’t be discussing the specifics of this book until later 2020. However, in the development of writing I’d be happy to share some
content with those who are interested. The content of this book will help improve the anxiety and depression of those who suffer.WHERE ARE THE FUNDS GOING?
· My mortgage
· Misc. Bills
· Purchase author copies to giveaway
· Food for my puppy...
· Editing for The Divine IX Trilogy: 'BOURGEOIS II
' and 'BOUJEE III
· Budd's Book Party - ‘BOURGEOISIE I’ release party (Date TBD)FUTURE INITIATIVES TO BE FEATURED IN THE STORY CAMPAIGN: Go Visit www.vehicledigest.net
· A day trip to the bay area to run the Golden Gate Bridge
. I’ll later publish the poetic story I create in my head on the run. (Not subject to weather)
· Travel back to the beaches and places near water I’ve ran to promote my books. Guerrilla publishing
at its finest! (LA, Seattle, Boston, Fort Lauderdale, New York, Philadelphia, Hawaii, PLUS MORE!)
· Reconstruct and share the stories I wrote as a young boy while growing up in Portland, Oregon.
· Mentor others through anxiety and depression.
· Publish a poetic book in recognition of each donor.
· Donate to a local charity or cause.
For every donation I receive is a promise that I have another friend, family member, or supporter to look up to. Stranger or not, we experience the same feelings for the better to grow. In my journey of spiritual growth and self-redevelopment, I’ve learned to be all in with my emotions. This includes the emotions I plan to share with complete strangers, bringing together a better world through words for tomorrow's generation.INCENTIVES UPDATED!
(33) Donate $33
– Donate this SPECIFIC amount, $33 – to receive a handwritten poem framed and signed by me! Haiku, creative writing prompts, satire or your choice.(33) $86 or more
– Complete collection of the Divine IX Trilogy: ‘BOURGEOSIE I’, ‘BOURGEOUS II’, ‘BOUJEE III’
– including Audiobooks! (release dates TBD)(13) $150 or more
– Become a face on VehicleDigest.net
– a poem, short story, thought of or written by you published on my portfolio site.(6) $475 or more
– Receive on-demand writing services from me in 2020; blog, copy-editing/writing, freelance articles, just contact me! Ever wanted to start a blog? Let's chat...(4) $1,100 or more
– I’ll write your book! (memoirs, ‘how to guides’, etc..) Contact me first.
I’m committed to making myself available to those who care to support!
ALL DONORS, regardless of the amount, can get a free copy of ‘BOURGEOISIE I
’. I’m sorry it’s difficult to pronounce – you can call it ‘boujee'.
If your donation is made anonymous please contact me.
For any questions you can email@example.com
and I will gladly respond!
Make it a great day:)
Ps, I am looking for beta readers!Connect with me!
PODCAST: BuddTalk's Podcast Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BuddWrites/IG: https://www.instagram.com/BuddWrites/Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/BuddHansenVD/Twitter: https://twitter.com/BuddHansenVDBlog: @VehicleDigest.net