Three and a half years ago, Dom was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis, and despite various types of treatments, his condition has worsened, to the point where he is now in a wheelchair. We've been living in a third floor walk-up (since long before the diagnosis), so he's been unable to leave the house, even to see his doctors.
Moving is long overdue, but it costs a lot, and that means that we're relying on friends to give us a hand.
- We need to be able to pay off all our bills (some of which we've had to "delay" in order to meet day to day expenses over the last several months) and get our stuff into the new place.
- Since our income right now is coming from contract work, taking time to sort and pack our belongings quite literally costs us money (can't work and pack at the same time...)
- The one thing that has helped Dom thus far is taking cannabis oil, which is not covered by Canada's prescription medicine plan, so we are paying out of pocket for that.
- The main hope for stopping/ reversing Dom's MS is a drug that is currently in the testing phase. His doctors believe that they can get him on this medication this summer, however, as it will not be an "officially" sanctioned treatment, there are likely to be a lot of costs associated with it: up-front payments, travel, etc.
But wait, there's more...
- A few weeks ago, my (Kate's) mother was diagnosed with cancer. Mom is scheduled for surgery and it's very likely that I am going to have to travel to see her in the near future, possibly more than once.
We're asking for your support in order to get us over the hump: help us get into our new place, where we can have a fresh start, and we can focus on getting Dom healthy again.
The move is happening in the last week of June, so we're looking at collecting whatever we can by that time.
We are forever grateful to those of you who can help us financially, or simply by helping to share our story with those you know who'd be willing to support us.
Love from Dom, Kate and our feline children.
- Charles Mc Donald
- Natasha Gonyea
- Betty Koster
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more