My name is Pauline and I'm raising funds for expenses related to my husband, Wesley's, 2nd bone marrow transplant. We have a 3.5 yr old son, who is living temporarily with his grandparents now.
- My husband, Wesley Grace is a Navy Veteran, who has completed 20 years in the Navy.
- In Nov 2012, he was diagnosed with Acute Myleoid Leukemia and was admitted to Stanford Hospital
- In 2013, he went for 3 rounds of chemotherapy, ending the year with a mini bone marrow transplant
- In early 2014, defective blood cells (Myeodysplastic syndrome) were discovered and he went for outpatient treatment
- Outpatient treatment drug (Vidaza) & MDS was too toxic and he fell at home, and was admitted to hospital in Monterey
- Was in hospital for 1 month, with MDS still present. His immune system is very weak
- Now, back at Stanford hospital, undergoing the 2nd bone marrow transplant
- Transplant occurred on 18 Oct 2014, but body is very weak, awaiting new immune system to work
- The whole recovery process takes 6 months - 1 year
- Risks during transplant process includes GVH (graft vs host disease, where the new cells attack his body), infections, etc.
It's a lonnnng 2 years already. We are cautiously optimistic and are grateful for all the support we have received. My friend pointed me to this crowd funding site and I decided to give it a try.
Any amount of donation will help us through this difficult time. Your donation will help with our rent, utility expenses, transportation, etc. I cannot work until early 2015, as it's the hospital's policy for a caregiver (me) to be by his side 24/7.
As time passes, I pray that the second transplant will be successful and he emerges healthy, with a new immune system!
If/when that happens and we have left over funds from this fund raising effort, we will donate the balance to charities of our choice (those who have helped us). At that time, I will post the names of these organizations on this site.
Thank you for your time and look forward to your support. God Bless,
DonationsSee top donations
- Kevin Haws
- Vonnell "Nell " Dunscomb
- Yoshiko S
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more