Gifts for Gizmo

43618644_157455511690026_r.jpeg43618644_1574555135854858_r.jpeg

Hi all... as some of you might know our almost7 month old Great Dane pup has been having a lot of trouble lately. This poor boy is usually full of life but something was just not right. He vomited 4 times and was extremely lethargic and I knew right then he needed to go to the vets. I first took him to Dunnville. They did xrays and said they could see there was something foreign in his stomach from one X-ray but couldn’t see it in another. They gave him an injection to stop vomiting and sent us home. He continued to vomit the next day and I brought him to the after hours vet at Dunnville. I said I was just there the day before and she said“yeah the xrays were inconclusive”. So they took more. They rushed him back and immediately told us his stomach was twisting and we need to get emergency surgery. They then sentus to Niagara Veterinary Emergency and theytook xrays. We were there from 12am to 5am. They said his stomach was not bloating but something was not right. They put him under and put a tube down his throat where they sucked out the contents of his stomach. They were happy until it filled up with liquid. In saying all of this he hadn’t had a bowel movement in 3 days. Then they thought they saw a foreign object in the colon so they wanted to wait it out and put him on IVs. He stayed there 2 days on IVs and medication. They then took more xrays and saw something foreign in his stomach. They gave me the choice of waiting and continuing medication management (IVs) or getting an ultrasound and then surgery. I was notthrilled with either option as I knew we have been prolonging this too long and he needed whatever it was out immediately. We were quoted $5000-6000 at that clinic for surgery. We already payed $3000 to them and $1000 to Dunnville. I then took him to Beatties in Stoney Creek and they felt as though they couldn’t handle his case. We then brought him to Oakville Emergency Veterinary. At 9pm last night he had surgery and then removed the object which was 18 inches long. The poor boy is so fed up with being in the vet office but he will have to stay a few more days to heal properly. As one may expect, we were not prepared for this at all... I was not prepared to be told bymultiple vets that there was something wrong with him but they could not do anything or that what the last vet said was wrong. Each vet we had to pay emergency exam fees of $150. All in all, after all his treatment we are in at $8250. We do not have this money. I beg that if any of you could just donate $1 that would mean so much to my family and to Gizmo.. he is our family. We would be so lost without him. Everyone who meets him falls in love. Please please please help my family. I would not be posting this if it wasn’t extremely necessary.


thank you all and give your pets love and kisses everyday, you never know what can happen❤️ 

Donations

  • Anonymous 
    • $25 
    • 7 mos
  • Alison O’Donnell 
    • $20 
    • 8 mos
  • Justin Loverme 
    • $150 
    • 8 mos
  • Greg +marlene Jackson 
    • $50 
    • 8 mos
  • Caitlin Bryan 
    • $20 
    • 8 mos
See all

Organizer

Rebecca De Wilde 
Organizer
Canfield, ON
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more