THE PROJECT: WHAT IS GENDERJOBS.ORG?
GenderJobs.org is a platform with a comprehensive list of job opportunities to work on gender equality, women's rights and LGBTQI+ rights, curated by gender professionals and intersectional feminists who intimately know the sector and are extremely passionate about supporting other gender professionals and anyone who is aspiring to become one!
The website will allow you to filter opportunities, in order to decipher the complex and wonderful world of gender jobs, to explore thematic areas, type of organisations that are looking for gender expertise, type of contract opportunities, pay transparency, location, and other characteristics.
BEHIND THE PROJECT
We have been sharing gender jobs and other opportunities to develop gender expertise through different platforms for around three years! You might already be following us on LinkedIn, know the weekly #GenderJobsBoard and/or be among the 10000+ subscribers of the more recent Gender Jobs Newsletter.
Find out more about all members of the GenderJobs.org team by visiting the About page of the website.
Our key objectives are to:
- Facilitate access to opportunities to work on gender equality and LGBTQI+ rights, by supporting current and aspiring gender professionals, particularly young professionals, to navigate the existing and growing variety of gender jobs
- Support organisations working on gender equality and LGBTQI+ rights to find qualified and passionate gender professionals
- Promote the value of gender expertise as well as inclusive and feminist employment policies
- Provide insights about gender jobs, since the lack of data is a barrier to the global gender equality movement
GenderJobs.org allows for these opportunities to be centralised, as a user-friendly, accessible and free platform!
WHY A CROWDFUNDING CAMPAIGN?
GenderJobs.org is an independent project, developed by the two of us in our own time because we truly believe this can be useful and enriching for aspiring and current gender professionals!
One of our key commitments is for the website and its #GenderJobs and resources to ALWAYS be a free service for all jobseekers, as we believe it is essential for these opportunities to be more and more accessible.
We are currently using our own money, in addition to our own free time and expertise to work on the project. We would really appreciate and need people's support and donations to help us out with important expenses.
Because of this, we are launching this crowdfunding campaign to cover some practical necessary expenses.
Our initial funding goal includes:
- Remuneration for our freelance web designer, who has developed the online platform GenderJobs.org
- Web domain GenderJobs.org & website hosting expenses
- Maintenance of the weekly Gender Jobs Newsletter by covering the (expensive) cost of the ConvertKit subscription
THANK YOU for your trust and support!
For an overview of the project and its social media channels, here is our Linktree.
To explore the website, visit: GenderJobs.org
- Alessandra Rossi
- Charlotte Healles
- Alessia Sebillo
- Sarah Hayton
Fundraising team (2)
Cagliari, Metropolitan City of Cagliari