Gary primarily relied on our volleyball league and our team fees to generate an income. As if things were not bad enough with his finances and health, he broke his right femur this year and ended up in a hospital for a month. He's recovering slowly and adjusting to his new walker now. He's trying hard to hold on to his rental room and hopes to get through this few month in hope of getting back to the gym and restart the league.
We're really hoping to pull together as a bunch of friends to help him to get through. We totally understand that not everyone is in a position to help. But any help counts and is a step towards keeping Gary afloat until things go back to normal.
To satisfy the requirements specified by GoFundMe, please note the following:
- My name is Joe Ghalam and I'm one of the volleyball players in the league.
- I live in the town of Greenbrae in Marin county, California.
- I have known Gary for almost 19 years, and played in his league.
- The money raised in this fundraising will be handed over to Gary fully (minus the fees that GoFundMe charges which is 2.9% + $0.30 per transactions) to be used at his discretion. He will be using the money for his rent, food, bills, and his medical expenses.
- I am planning to transfer the money to my personal account and the send it to Gary in 1 or 2 Paypal transactions depending on the PayPal limits.
- Maria Glenda Bellarosa
- Jersey Witous
- Anna Casares
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more