Funeral Costs For Evelyn Houston

January 13 2018 My Mother Passed Away . We Want To Give Her A Proper Funeral & We Need Help . My Mom Didnt Have Life Insurance . And In Order To Get It She Would've Had To Have Been Cancer Free For A Year .

My Mother Was Such A Private Person When It Came Down To This . So A Lot Of You Guys Are Confused And Don't Know What Happened To Her . And What Lead Up To This . Below There Are Details About Her Experience Over The Last Year .
Anything You Guys Can Donate Is Greatly Appreciated .

February 2017 My Mother Started Having Health Issues. She Was Complaining About Her Leg And Her Back. So She Goes To The Doctor And He Says She Has A Pinched Nerve That's Causing The Pain . As Time Went On She Started Feeling Worse And Nothing Was Helping Her Ease The Pain . The Doctor Then Tells Her She Needs To Go To Physical Therapy To Help Loosen That Muscle Basically . Because She Was In So Much Pain Walking Was Very Difficult For Her . So She Started Physical Therapy And A Few Weeks Went By With Nothing Getting Better . Her Therapist Started Telling Her That She Didn't Believe It Was Her Sciatic Nerve , She Believed It Was Something Else . Because At This Point Sitting Down Was Uncomfortable For My Mother . She Said She Felt As If She Was Sitting On A Ball . So Her Therapist Said I'm Going To Send My Report To The Doctor And Let Them Know What I Think Is Going On....

Here We Are In May And Her Doctor Sends Her To Get An MRI Of Her Leg To See If We Can Figure Out What's Going On With Her .

We Find Out She Has A Tumor In Her Leg . The Tumor Is What They Call A Soft Tissue Tumor .

Shortly After That We Have To Go Get A Biopsy Done And We Find Out It Was Cancerous . She Was Diagnosed With Sarcoma Cancer . And For Those Who Don't Know About Sarcoma Cancer It's A Rare And Aggressive Cancer .

3 Days After Finding Out That She Has This Cancerous Tumor In Her Leg We Get A Phone Call That Changed Our Lives .

The Cancer Has Spread To Her Lungs .

My Mother Had 2 Teams Of Doctors That Quickly Jumped In And Started Getting Her Prepared And Ready For Everything She Was About To Go Through . Now At This Point My Mother Has Been Bed Ridden . She Couldn't Do Anything On Her Own Because Of The Tumor In Her Leg That Had Grown Tremendously. But Her Team Wanted To Start Chemo To Clear That Cancer Out Of Her Lungs & Prevent It From Spreading Anywhere .

So She Started Going To Chemo Every Wednesday . And She Was Kicking Cancer . We Had A Praise Report ! Those Spots On Her Lungs Were Starting To Disappear!!!!! But This Tumor In Her Leg Started Really Giving Her Hell . So Her Team Of Doctors Said We Gotta Stop Chemo & Start Radiation To Shrink This Tumor So We Can Remove It .

In December My Mother Was Hospitalized . Something Was Wrong . She Wasn't Herself . She Was Talking Weird And Acting Different . She Spent A Little Time In ICU . While Here We Found Out She Has Blood Clots In Her Leg & They Spread . She Had A Minor Surgery To Keep The Blood Clots From Spreading Any . But She Spent 3.5 Weeks In The Hospital . While In The Hospital They Were Able To Make The Molding For Her Leg So She Could Start Radiation . December 22nd The Ambulance Brought Her Home . And She Was So Happy She Was Able To Be Home For The Holiday !
Upon Her Release From The Hospital They Had Discussed Radiation , Transportation And Her Home Nurse. Everyday EMS Came & Got Her And Transported Her To The Hospital For Radiation .

Here We Are Into The New Year And Something Isn't Right . Something About Her Is Different .

January 3rd . She Was Rushed To The Hospital . Upon Doing All These Tests The Doctors Said She Has Legionnaires Disease . Which Is A Rare Type Of Pneumonia Caused By Legionella Bacteria . They Put Her On Oxygen To Help Her Breath . She Has This Cancer And Now Pneumonia In Her Lungs So Breathing Wasn't The Easiest Thing To Do . A Few Days Into Being At The Hospital We Notice Her Other Leg Is Swollen . They Come & Do An Ultrasound And Now She Has Blood Clots In Both Legs .

JANUARY 10 HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAMA . She Turned 46 . We Had A Mini Birthday Party At The Hospital . Breathing Started Getting A Little Harder . Because She Has Fluid In Her Lungs They Couldn't Get Out . January 13 . Something Is Wrong . Mom's Complaining About Her Breathing A Little More Today Than She Has Been . The Doctor Gets Some Blood From Her & Sends It To The Lab . She Is Put On A Breathing Machine At This Point It's Breathing For Her .

Cancer Took Over Her Lungs She Was Having Such A Hard Time Trying To Breath. She Was Trying To Fight It But She Was Tired , Her Body Was Tired ! She Died From Respiratory Failure. My Mom Left Surrounded By Family & Friends .

For A Year My Mom Fought The Fight Against Sarcoma . She Gave Her All & Never Stopped ! The Cancer Was Just Too Aggressive . Her Immune System Was So Weak . She Is No Longer In Pain & She Is No Longer Suffering .
  • Anonymous 
    • $50 
    • 53 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $20 
    • 53 mos
  • Nadine Lewis 
    • $100 
    • 53 mos
  • Veronica Harvey  
    • $25 
    • 53 mos
  • Naqunda Worthey 
    • $50 
    • 53 mos
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

Desiree La'Tashaa Chambers 
Roseville, MI