Funds for Steven Augustine and his sons

May 28, 2018 between 10:50 and 11:07 pm Steven Augustine was attacked and robbed. The left side of Steve's skull was shattered leading to a craniotomy. Steve also suffered two bone fractures in his sinuses several fractures in the base of his skull and both sides of his skull had fractures. Steve also had several fractures in his face Steve's nose was broken and his lower lip nearly ripped off his face. The doctors were surprised he was still alive. Steves family was vigilantly by his side. The first few days nobody knew if Steve would survive. It took Kingston police department three days to get to the hospital to take evidence. For three days Steve lay in a hospital bed covered in blood.
In the days that followed the police arrested a man named Charles Miles. He had admitted to an altercation with Steve Augustine. He said he hit Steve once and Steve hit the ground. Although the medical reports specifically say the injuries were aquired by blunt force truama most likely caused by a baseball bat. Charles was charged with a misdemeanor assult. We did not understand why the charges were so small. Upon further questioning by the Augustine family it was discovered that Charles Miles is a police informant with an extensive violent arrest record. The local police(Kingston police department) backed Charles Miles and his claims. The DA Mr. Weishopt and the police claim to have read Steve's medical reports. HOWEVER if they did they would have seen that medical professionals did NOT agree that Steve was hit once. It HAD to be blunt force truama. Charles was sentenced to 9 months in jail in protective custody. He had 30 days taken off for what we can only assume was for aiding the arrest of other inmates as two weeks into his sentence an inmate was found to be in possession of drugs. This person had a known history with Charles Miles. Charles Miles was released on February 19,2019. Steve is still in critical condition as of today 17 months later.

The drs took out part of Steve's skull. They replaced it with a metal mesh that had to be removed twice and put back before finally just removing it due to infection. Steve is suffering from 3 bedsores currently. After six months with a wound vac on 24/7 they are finally in healing stages. Steven now has a trechotomy(room air) colonostomy,feeding tube(24/7 feeds). He also has a catheter and Iv port. Steve is battling chronic infections. Recently Steve started having siezures. Steve's body is also contracting very badly. Steve is in the fetal position and his one leg is locked in contractor. This will lead to another operation.
Steve is currently in a hospital in New Jersey where he is getting wonderful care. He has been to several hospitals,rehabs,and long term care facilities. While in one hospital he lost approx. 60 lbs. dropping to 82lbs. There he also aquired a bedsore the size of an adult fist. Steve went to a great rehab facility that did great work with him. Unfortunately he was not making the progress the insurance company would like so they transferred him to the head truama center in Kingston NY. There Steve was neglected. His bedsores got worse. He was put in a wheelchair and left for hours. His sister went to see him and he had a 104° fever. They were refusing to send him out to a hospital. They finally relented and we found out he was septic. He almost didn't make it. When he had spent too much time in that hospital they sent him to a nursing home. He was there for less than 24 hours and he was injured. His head was hit causing his brain to shift 8mm. He was sent to Westchester medical center. We were told Steve needed a hyperbaric chamber to heal his wounds. We found a hospital that had one in New Jersey, however Steve's insurance was refusing to pay for it. Steve's mom got right on finding a way to pay. She found a crime victims group right in the nick of time. Steve was sent there and is receiving good care. Steve began having very high fevers and siezures. He was then sent to St. Barnabas hospital in New Jersey. There he saw a new neurosurgeon who insisted that Steve needs a cranioplasty. He is suffering from "sunken brain syndrome" where the skin is adhearing to his brain. He has a cranioplasty scheduled for Monday October 28,2019; however on Friday October 26,2019 at approximately 1:00pm Steve's mother was informed that the operation waw canceled due to crime victims not paying. Steve's mother was on the phone for hours and recieved no clear answers as to why her sons life saving operation was canceled. After lots of pressure from outside sources crime victims has agreed to pay and is currently working on a contract with St. Barnabas hospital.
After that we are working toward having the trech removed and working towards the hyperbaric chamber. Along with hydrotherapy.

Steve has two sons Steven Jr. (11) and Micheal (7). Steven also has a twin brother Bryan and an older sister Tiffany. Steve has neices and nephews. Steve also ,has very loyal friends.
Stevens mother Donna who is also very active in animal rescue is vigilantly by his side. Donna is working hard everyday to get justice for her son. She diligently cares for her son. She works all day then takes a 2 hour ride to be by her sons side. She talks to him and tells him what's going on in the world. She eats dinner in his room with him as they always did. Then takes a 2 hour ride home.
We have been appealing to as many outlets as we can to help get the case reopened. We have had a small segment on channel 7news. we also had a segment on channel 12 news done by Blaise Gomez. We have had Steve's story on several Facebook pages. We have a Facebook page called Justice for Steve. There are over 1,000 people in our group from all over the world.
However there is no justice for Steve. There is no justice for Steve's family. He is still fighting for his life while Charles Miles lives his life. Steve's sons will never go fishing with their daddy again. They will never feel his arms around them when they get hurt. Steve will never cook a meal with his parents. Steve will never again play a game of cards with his friends. It wasn't only Steve's life that changed forever. It's all the people who love him who's lives changed forever. We have no justice. we have no peace. Please help get justice for Steve and his family. Help us change things so no family has to bear this pain. Thank you.


No donations yet. Be the first to help.


Brittany Peck 
Kingston, NY
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more