Construction of one primary school in Elasha District which takes part to increase the number of students going to school in the country. The total area of the school is 400M2. The school consists of 5 classrooms, one office and toilets, classes will be covered an iron sheets and there will be uncovered area and it will be used for student activates in assembly time.THE IMPORTANCE OF THE PROJECT
The educational system and institutions of Somalia has collapsed as result of destructive civil wars, and enrollment to the education went down to those in the age of primary education, thus the need to establish more educational institutions that help preserve the Islamic identity of the Somali people remain the most urgent and severe than any other time.
So that; there is an increased need for the establishment of basic schools in the various Somali cities, the population has strong demand for the education which they were deprived during the past period.OVERVIEW OF PROJECT SITE (ELASHA BIYAH DISTRICT)
Elasha - the targeted area of the proposed project- is one of the most populated areas between Mogadishu and Afgoye district, it is newly formed place which was established in 2008 after a massive war broke out in the capital city of Mogadishu between Somali forces backed by African troops. This place is where some of people in Mogadishu districts fled to and became permanent residence. Now the people are very high and have limited schools. The people in the target are mainly busy with their small business. The daily income of the families could be enough for the managing of their daily lives. The estimated number of the population of the area is about 25,000 families.
Below an overview of the environment of the project site.PROJECT OBJECTIVES
- To improve the quality of education in Somalia.
- To increase achievement level of the students and teachers.
- To enhance access to education to all school age children.
- To reduce/eliminate the ignorance and illiteracy that spread in different areas of Somalia especially in the remote and rural areas.
- Provide education opportunity for the young generations of Somalia by building of suitable places for education in their districts.
- To take part the hope of the Somali government who announced to increase in the number of students who attend schools early of 2016.
The project will directly benefit the students live around the school. It will also benefit the school teachers with the improvement of their working classrooms and provide them better working environment and the availability of appropriate learning materials which consequently will increase literacy rate of students and will also help in curving down school drop-outs and provide opportunities for out-of-school youths to attend school.Engineering designs: