In October 2017, a group of women from the University of Oregon gathered with a question: What can we do to help? We’re a cross-section of disciplines, agencies and experience levels. So we decided to pool our knowledge and turn our community into a resource to young women coming to New York from the University of Oregon. We’ve walked the same halls, and faced so many of the challenges that lie ahead for them. The most generous thing we can do with what we know, is share it.
We created Flock to share what we’ve learned and arm each other with the skills we need to work, get paid and shine. https://www.hey-flock.com/
We'll serve as a trusted resource and safe space for all lady Ducks to ask the scary questions, like:
- How much money should I be making in my first year?
- What happens if my internship doesn’t end in a job offer?
- How do I find a NYC apartment in a budget-friendly neighborhood?
- What’s appropriate to wear to a client meeting?
- How do I ask for a promotion?
Those who join can expect:
- A private digital community where current students and alums can connect to share articles, ask questions, and make plans.
- An IRL community with all kinds of events on the calendar—dinners, meet-n-greets, workshops, a book club, even a professional clothing swap.
- A choose-your-own mentorship program, where women can access the kind of mentorship that works for them.
- Our Flock blog full of stories, advice, and recommendations from our crew, open to everyone.
100% of this first round of funding will directly benefit all current members of Flock (50 members and counting!) and the 76 girls who are coming to New York on the #UONYC trip. We hope to reach our goal by May 1st, 2018.
We’re using this money to:
- Throw our first event, a May 7th panel discussion hosting rockstar women in advertising and media for a conversation on success in the industry.
- Financially assist women traveling to New York for the #UONYC trip.
- Help fund future events.
We want every woman to get work, get paid, and truly shine. We’re eager to welcome the next generation of advertising women to our community. Every donation helps us create that space and extended a warm, encouraging welcome to the minds that will reshape this industry—for the benefit of us all. We can’t wait to see what our Flock will accomplish, and we’re eternally grateful for any support you can offer us as we get started.
- Jackie Meyer
- Jeff Coffey
- Brandt Hamilton
- Amber Horsburgh
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more