Friend lost everything in Housefire

A fire emerged from outside the apartment complex where my 19 year old friend among many others were living. No one was hurt but nearly everything was destroyed in the inferno. The fire which ignited for reasons that are still under investigation, spread from the compost bins outdoors then to the basement, and then the rest of the building. The building has been described by Halifax fire chief Ken Stuebing as "a large balloon construction", meaning that it was built with no fire stops. My friend lost over 2000$ and is in a real money jam now and needs help. We're hoping to raise 1000$  by the end of this month to help get him back on his feet :)

Donations

 See top
  • Randy Cormack 
    • $100 
    • 37 mos
  • Henry Cormack 
    • $20 
    • 37 mos
  • Dan Ahern 
    • $70 
    • 37 mos
  • James Kennedy 
    • $40 
    • 37 mos
  • Will Sweet 
    • $150 
    • 37 mos
See all

Organizer

Aidan Ahern 
Organizer
Antigonish, NS
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more