Freak accident caused a grease kitchen fire

51424826_1600893437447922_r.jpegSo the other day I hurt myself really bad, there's a freak accident with some grease in my kitchen and my stove caught on fire I didn't know what to do I kind of stood there for a split second and aw like this is a dream, then reality hit and I realized it was actually happening my stove is on fire what do I do.? I had just got done making a pitcher of tea and all I could think was water makes it worse that this has sugar in it it's a solvable so maybe it'll put it out I grabbed the tea took the top off and downstit . I grab the pot because it was out at this point and I started beating the cabinet door and exhaust vent with a wet rag to put the fire out. I was so distracted with that fire that I didn't notice the pot was back on fire as well as my hand and my hair. So I threw the rest of the tea on my cabinets and took off running through my house on fire beating my head and trying to keep from burning my house down because i didn't know what else to do other than to run outside and fling that m*********** farther than any yeet ever yeeted. I went to the closest emergency room where they proceeded to peel the burn skin off my freshly burned hand with no pain medication whatsoever well they gave me Fentanyl but that s*** doesn't Falken work never has never will for me at least. After they got wet skin I would allow them to get off they realize they couldn't treat me so they transferred me to a burn facility at a much bigger Hospital. I suffered third degree burns on the palm of my thumb the underside of my thumb my index finger the middle finger in my ring finger on my right hand. There's possible nerve damage you can see nerves and blood vessels in my fingers. I cannot feel my index finger or my ring finger and I cannot feel my palm... my hand is currently wrapped in a medicated healing bandage brace that I must wear for a week. In a week's time I will go back to see the burn specialist for them to peel my fingers and the rest of the dead skin and Scorch skin that I would not allow them to remove yesterday. I have to take physical therapy for my hand. And it's an 85% possibility that I will need skin grafts. These pictures are from after they peeled the skin off and cleaned my hand. I do not have pictures of what my hand looks like with the grey an black skin still attached but I can remember the way I smelled... Burning human flesh stinks ... I am now officially scared to cook on my stove ever again.

I have absolutely no idea what it cost to replace cabinets a stove hood an stove or the living room carpet i also set on fire running threw the house to outside... This happened at the worst time financially with recent events.  And my dumb self didnt have renters insurance. Ibe always had full coverage for it before an Never needed it so i didnt figure id burn my kitchen up.

Ive become the domino effect of all things bad i feel here recently 

I hate asking for help im a very prideful person, but i need some help here guys. Anything helps 

51424826_1600893235113929_r.jpeg51424826_1600893321246927_r.jpeg51424826_1600893351163532_r.jpeg

Donations

  • Kevin Bean 
    • $100 
    • 1 mo

Organizer and beneficiary

Cassandra Leonard 
Organizer
Amory, MS
Chaz Carr 
Beneficiary
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more