Thanks to all of our generous donors, last year we were able to fully cover the expenses of the retreat accommodations, workshop supplies, and food! We couldn't have done it without you all and we are eternally grateful!
Thanks to the community support and success of last year's retreat we will be having our second annual retreat April 5-8, 2018 at the Winward Retreat Center! We are very excited to build and expand on this project that has had a significant impact in our community. Here are some highlights from last year's retreat. Photos can be found on our website at www.forwomenradicals.com.
- Retreat attendees left with their own vermicomposting kit. Many of the women have reduced the amount of waste that they put into their garbage, and instead have been able to plant herbs and vegetables in their backyards.
- We learned how to identify plant medicines that grow in Hawai'i and how we can use these plants to make cost-effective herbal remedies.
-The first of many discussions about harvesting rainwater through catchment systems was held.
- How we can support and build with our Hawai'ian brothers and sisters!
- What it takes to start a farm.
Last year's retreat attendee's have said:
"All of the women at this retreat were truly inspiring. Starting to cultivate a visible black community in Hawaiʻi is a dream come true."
"It was a very empowering and enlightening experience. Thank you."
"You all created a cafeteria for my soul, heart, mind, and body, to be fed well. I want to return! Blessings to you."
This year, we would like to dive deeper into community building and expand on discussions held in last year's retreat. Please join us in supporting our efforts to organize a community building and healing space for black women in Hawai'i by donating to this page.
Below is a list of the workshops we will be holding this year:
- Plant Medicine 2.0
- African Dance
- Intentional Community Building
- Healing Ceremonies
- Vermicomposting 2.0
- Building small-scale rainwater catchment systems
- Somatic healing
- And many more
1. Accommodations for 12 people @ Winward Retreat Center ($1,000)
2. Food for 12 overnight guests + 30 daytime guests for 4 days ($1,500)
3. Workshop supplies + thank you gifts for instructors ($2,500)
Your financial contribution will help us sow seeds of growth and prosperity for our community.
DonationsSee top donations
- Quay Wallace Watkins
- Patrice Conyers
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more