Food for the People

In the wake of the Black led movement to abolish the police and bring justice for  the murder of George Floyd, we are responding to fill an urgent need. We are raising money to distribute regeneratively grown farm food to Black and Indigenous communities in the Twin Cities. Good, healthy food is a human right and for too long our food system has made good food inaccessible to many Black, Indigenous, people of color (BIPOC), and poor folks. We are partnering with grassroots, Black led organizations to provide this food security in a time of intense need. 

Your donation will provide 60 CSA boxes full of fresh vegetables and mushrooms for 18 weeks to the frontline communities in the twin cities. We are sourcing the food through Shared Ground Farmers Cooperative, a primarily latin@ led farmers cooperative in the midwest.

Shared Ground Farmers Cooperative envisions a just food system where every single person has the economic security to do meaningful work and eat good food. We are working to build a food system where more farmers are empowered to grow good food for their communities, not fewer.  We are working to build a food system focused on quality, not quantity.  On accessibility, not exploitation. On health, not dependent on wealth.

Help us to realize this long term vision of a more just and healthy food system by working to meet immediate needs. The majority (80%) of your donation will go to the farmers who grow the food, therefore making the food free of charge for those receiving the CSA boxes. The other 20% of the money will go towards the grassroots labor distributing the food and to pay the Shared Ground staff working to make this program a reality. This program will continue to build until we have a food system where good farm food is accessible to those that need it most. Let us make the road by walking and build a system that meets our collective needs and empowers the people!

Donations

  • Eva Shellabarger 
    • $20 
    • 20 hrs
  • Jennifer Strother  
    • $200 
    • 20 hrs
  • Brittny Malec 
    • $50 
    • 1 d
  • Nina Utne 
    • $250 
    • 2 d
  • Dudley Kenworthy  
    • $100 
    • 6 d
See all

Organizer

Shared Ground Farmers Cooperative 
Organizer
Saint Paul, MN
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more