On December 19th, 2020, Leo and Tasha Fonoti’s apartment was consumed by a devastating fire. Everyone in the home, including their five children (11, 10, 8, 7, and 5), escaped safely. The fire spread so quickly that they fled barefoot and with only the clothing on their backs. Despite Anchorage Fire Department’s efforts, all of their belongings were completely destroyed.
Leo and Tasha are so grateful that everyone survived, and it is with great strength that they are starting the process of piecing their lives back together. The American Red Cross provided them with two nights of emergency lodging at a hotel and with vouchers to purchase a small amount of clothing. The family immediately needs assistance to secure long term housing and with funds to replace everything needed for a family of seven; basic household necessities, furniture, clothing, and so very much more.
Leo and Tasha are very active in their church and their community, and they are not the types to ask for help, but we know that others want to help when the need is so great. Please consider supporting this incredible family by donating (any amount will help), by sharing with your friends and family, and by keeping the Fonoti's in your thoughts and prayers.
- Theresa Tuavale
- Dorothy Solomona
- James Gittings
- Kamilah Fonoti
- King Fonoti
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more