We increase capacity for, and amplify the messaging of, Georgian based democratic and voter education organizations. We fill in the gaps and perform critical and successful get out the vote actions other organizations don’t.
This is what we have done and are currently doing:
- Registered voters
- Canvassed door to door
- Ballot curing efforts through January 8
- Creating and distributing vote information in multiple languages to critical to reach communities, including info on:
- Free Rides to the polls
- Absentee ballot information
- Ballot curing
- Compensated Vote Tripling positions
- Local organization and campaign volunteer opportunities and rally events
- Increasing engagement and media echo at events by bringing fun activities:
- Art Installations
- Artistic sign making material
- #VoteTruck is a truck with art pieces of Stacey Abrams and the January 5th special election date surrounded by neon lights. With this truck we canvassed in it, brought it to rallies, played live-music out of that back, passed tamales out with voter information, etc... This has increased the fun and media echo for all the get out the vote efforts we’ve attended.
- Hosting an event Jan 3rd showcasing local Georgian youth artists and musicians. A wall will be covered in murals inspiring Georgians to vote! The art will be shared far and wide on social media pages, encouraging thousands of Georgians to vote.
What are the funds for:
$5,000 Mural Event
$3,000 Printing and materials
$2,000 Transportation costs
$2,000 Support/networking with other local groups
$2,000 miscellaneous costs and things we forgot
$1,000 Covid safety related costs
Your support is critical in helping us do this work.
Hundreds of millions of dollars are pouring into Georgia and bringing in ephemeral TV and billboard ads. People here are tired of advertisements, but have been receptive to creative expressions and authentic conversations. We hope you will consider supporting this grassroots effort to set the nation on a different course. To learn more about what we've been doing lately check out our latest blog post , "Trees, Trucks, Murals, and Billboards", or follow us on social media.
- Bob Welsh
- Deanne Row
- Nina Carson
- Silvio Wirth
Fundraising team (4)
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more