In Ghana, survey by Ghana Statistical Service in 2017 revealed that, over 8.4% of the population live under the extreme poverty line. Such people cannot afford $1 meal a day.
Research has shown that, the gap between the have and the have nots globally is a knowledge gap mostly related to financial literacy.
We can provide a better future for deprived kids through coaching and mentoring to help reverse the poverty cycle.
We can provide a better future for deprived kids through coaching and mentoring to help reverse the poverty cycle. PROJECT OBJECTIVETo end the endemic poverty in Ghana by the year 2030, ABN , our non-profit organization in April 2019 will provide entrepreneurship and financial literacy training to underprivileged students in Senior High Schools and selected orphanages in Ghana in its program, School Commence. School Commence targets 100 students in 50 Senior High Schools and orphanages across the 10 regions of Ghana. A financially enlightened generation would present tremendous benefits in small economies like Ghana, to help reverse the poverty cycle associated with most indigenes of deprived communities in Ghana. Zero Poverty is Possible; let’s provide financial literacy!
STEP 1: 100 under-privileged students from 50 Senior High Schools and orphanages are identified under Commence through the Ghana Education Service and selected across the 10 regions in Ghana (ensuring district and gender balance) to receive a yearlong (twice a term) intensive financial literacy training, coaching and mentorship with relevant modules.
STEP 2: 100 teachers have been selected (2 each from the 50 selected Senior High Schools identified in Step 1). These teachers will be given top notch financial literacy training using relevant educational materials under the Commence program.
STEP 3: After 18 training sessions (two sessions per term) within a given three term academic (SHS) cycle, 10,000 students and 100 teachers will be trained on financial literacy skills as well as entrepreneurship skills development every year.
· Within the next three years (the length of this project)
, this number would triple.
A minimum of 30,000 students and 300 teachers under Commence would form the nucleus of social change in the fight against extreme poverty and social exclusion through an expected shift in mind set from that of poverty to job creation. METHODOLOGY & MARKET ADVANTAGE
Our methodology and market advantages are outlined in these strengths:
· Top Notch Trainers: In all our programs we select trainers who are top notch and industry certified. Our core trainers boast of many years of experience in entrepreneurship and finance with excellent records in training, coaching and mentorship.
· Well Structured Training Module: We assimilate the most relevant training modules. Our training modules are developed by our hub, while we source other materials from our partners.
· Industry Ready Products: Commence presents a holistic and tailored financial skills and entrepreneurship training structure. It guarantees industry ready results which will allow our participants to become financially independent.
· Reliable Consultancy Program: ABN provides free consultancy services to our ‘Alumni’ thus, participants who go through our programs, to assist them to grow and stay resourced.HOW FAR YOUR SUPPORT CAN GO:
1$ will provide up to two learning materials for two children.
2$ Will help supply educational materials on financial literacy for students in Ghana.
5$ will assist with transportation for trainers to travel to schools and orphanages.
10$ will motivate trainers and mentors to under take financial literacy training in schools and orphanages.
The future of a generation is in our hands.WHY DONATE
1. Financial education opens doors
2. Poverty kills dreams
3. Financial literacy can end global poverty
4. Your donation will support a generation forever
5. We are starting now
Thanks for donating!