Many years ago Ian made the life changing decision to come to Australia where he started a family here in Sydney and now over a decade later, we have two beautiful sons and Ian calls Australia home.
Ian has run events across Australia and once even opened his own venue, however due to the lockout laws, this career avenue was short lived. Ian chases his dreams, is incredibly passionate and ambitious and has impacted so many people on his journey. Through his craft, he opened doors and opportunities to hundreds of people. And now...
Ian needs your support.
On October 24th Ian suffered from severe migraines that just wouldn't shift. He visited the local GP who advised him to go straight to the emergency and have an MRI. This had come back showing a 9cm Tumour on his right side of the brain.
Four days later, Ian underwent brain surgery to remove the tumour. This later caused some complications to his speech, appetite, chewing, talking, sound and strength. He continued to complain about these problems daily but was medicated and told it had nothing to do with the surgery.
We then had to sit and wait 2 weeks for biopsy results. As days went by, we forgot about the bad things and started to focus on the great like surviving the operation, spending time with family and friends and even watching his 1 year old son Noah learn how to walk around the hospital. Five days after surgery, the Neurosurgeon came into the ward to advise the results were in.
The exact words were “Ian, we have serious news, the biopsy results have come back and it's not good. Your tumour was tested and has come back as grade 4 Glioblastoma. This is not a curable cancer and your life expectancy is 6 to 12 months..."
It was difficult processing this information and we could not even listen to the treatment options as everything was blurred from that point onwards. This by far, had to be the worst moment of our lives.
We wouldn't take "no cure" for an answer, so we decided to look into alternative options...
Less than 24 hours later, God closed a door and opened a window for us and we managed to get a last-minute appointment with Professor Charlie Teo - a specialist in Brain Cancer. On November 5th we met with Prof. Teo to look over the scans. He explained exactly what we were looking at and what we were dealing with. Prof. Teo explained that this cancer is terminal - it is going to take Ian’s life, but his job is to cut it out to give him at least an additional 2-4 years with an improvement to his quality of life. This is the first time we felt hope... even if it’s just for 2 or so years - this gives him opportunities to see our children grow.
Ian underwent emergency surgery with Prof. Teo, however as we were unprepared for this level of emergency, it has set us back $100,000 (which is not covered by insurance - or funded by medicare/government benefits at all).
Ian deserves to live to see his sons grow up and his sons deserve to have their father by their side. Anyone who has a son, knows the importance of having their father be a vital part of their upbringing. We had so many plans but now, none are options. The costs of surgery, hospital fees, medication, treatment and post care continue to add up and have impacted us significantly.
Please, if you are able to contribute by donating and sharing Ian’s story, it will be incredibly appreciated. We thank you in advance and ask that you please continue to pray for Ian and our family.