Link to Bailey and Brandon News Story Link to news article
It is with heavy hearts that I am reaching out to my community for help.
My Sister and her family lost everything they've worked for in a major explosion this morning (September 16, 2019) in Farmington Maine. The building in front of their home, a central office of LEAP inc., which provides support for people with developmental, cognitive and intellectual disabilities, had a major gas leak casing the building to erupt . This loving, kind family barely made it out alive, but unfortunately lives have been lost. Head fire chief Michael Bell bravely lost his life responding to the gas leak.
Words cannot express how grateful we are that they are ok, however there are immediate needs and basic necessities this family will need in the coming days, weeks and months.
Bailey , Brandon, and Coleman were extremely lucky, as are all of us closest to them. Had someone had been in the shower, or up walking around the house instead we would be having a very different discussion today. The devastation my 7 year old nephew had to endure being inside his home as the time of the explosion is unimaginable. Thankful for their lives, but they are left with nothing. The explosion not only destroyed their home, but all of their household belongs, clothes, day to day items, food, and a family vehicle.
Each member of this family would give the shirts off of their backs for anyone in need at any time. Now it is my turn to rally together and help them rebuild their lives.
Our hearts are breaking for these beautiful people, and yet we have never been so incredibly grateful at the same time.
A huge thank you to all of the first responders that are on the scene this morning and a sincere thank you to all of the neighbours that were kind enough to offer clothes and blankets, and to open your homes during this difficult time. There is kindness and love everywhere.
You can help by making a donation or by sharing this link. We would be so thankful.
*ALL DONATIONS WILL GO DIRECTLY TO BAILEY*