We are a family-run, self-funded sanctuary and we are passionate about providing a loving and safe haven for all sorts of farmed animals here in Northern New South Wales, Australia.
We are also committed to rescuing, rehabilitating and rehoming when it is appropriate. And we also offer emergency accomodation (eg. we were an evacuation centre during the bushfires).
Like many others, we have been hit hard by COVID (on top of the drought, fires and floods over the past 12 months!!!), so we have struggled this year to stay afloat! But we are determined to always do more than our best for our animal family and will continue to do so... no matter what!
But... we would be forever grateful if you would like to support our permanent and foster residents and rescue efforts. <3
Even a small donation makes a huge difference.
Here’s an idea of some of our costs:
- a bail of hay or a bag of chaff is between … $22 - $53 (we’re currently going through around 5 bails/bags per week)
- bag of chicken/duck feed … $24
- bag of calf pellets … $22
- bag of horse feed … $36
- horse minerals … $50
- supplements for our beautiful old ex-racehorse ... $380
- insect control treatment for cows and horses … $120
- worming treatment for the herd of horse... nearly $300
- farrier... $40 per horse
- permanent and temporary fencing … we have a LOT of fencing to do. We have received three quotes and the cheapest is $9,500!!!
- fuel for cars and the tractor… we've lost count!!
- vet bills ... we try not to look!!!
Because we are a family-run, volunteer-supported sanctuary all money raised goes directly to the animals as we have no wages to pay.
If you're not in a position to provide financial support then you can still help! Please share, share, share this campaign and like and follow us on Facebook and Instagram
And if you are in our region, please feel free to come for a visit. There’s some pretty gorgeous beings galloping and waddling around!! There’s even the opportunity to stay at our sanctuary in our beautiful FarmHaus or to use the sanctuary as a shoot/event location (100% of the money raised less consumables goes directly to supporting the animals).
Love and gratitude from all beings at
The Owl and the PussyCat
- Farm Animal Sanctuary-
- Jas Pinn
- Amelia Mostek
- Peter Thompson
- Bibiana Burattini
- Joseph Salmona
#1 fundraising platform
People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more