My five son's, daughter, and their mother all are safe and blessed to be alive.
The fire was started in an upstairs bedroom where two of my son's slept. Everything they had was destroyed, clothes, books, furniture, and all personal items. My other kids items were damaged as well from the water and smoke. The downstairs had so much smoke and water damage that I could not go in and asses the actual damages.
We can not move back in and are looking for any help anyone can offer to raise money to move into a new house. Hopefully we can replace as many things that the children lost as we can.
This fire came just days before my oldest son, Jawan Johnson's 16th birthday. I still want to make his special day, as special as possible. He has nothing at the moment and living with a friend until we find something. My VMI experience has taught me how to be resilient during troubling times and to never give up. I'm only worried about my children and how traumatic this is for them. Anyone who knows me, know I wouldn't be asking for this kind of help unless my family really need it.
We appreciate everyone who has already reached out and are still helping us. Glenwood Elementary, Salem Middle School, Bishop Sullivan Catholic High School, and the Virginia Beach Mustangs, we are forever grateful for all of your kind hearts and words during these difficult times.
The Johnson Family
DonationsSee top donations
- James Ibarra
- S P
- DAMIAN WILBORNE
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more