On Monday December 9, 2019 our home caught fire in the kitchen due to an electrical malfunction. The kitchen was destroyed and other parts of our home suffered smoke damage as well as water damage from the fire being put out. As a result we are not allowed to return to our home for the next few weeks until repairs are finished. The Red Cross has been tremendously helpful and put us up in a hotel for a few nights but after that we are left on our own. We are trying to stay in the Independence area due to the kids going to school here and I work in Kansas City. So we are looking to raise money to help with the cost of hotel after our time is up that the Red Cross helped us with. We are also trying to raise money for food cost. Anything will help and I am grateful for any and every donation.
- Barrett Watson
- Marilynn Megee