St. Mary Star of the Sea Catholic Church
· The oldest church in Ocean City, built in 1877.
· One of the oldest buildings and an historic landmark in town.
· Corner of South Baltimore Avenue and Talbot Street.
· Parish includes Holy Savior Church at 17th street.We are “EXPANDING OUR HOME”
· Razed the old rectory and repaired the bell tower.
· Renovating and restoring the main Church.
· Constructing an additional 1,100 square feet on the site.
· Adding an outdoor meditation garden for prayer, rest and reflection.
· Improving the beauty and attractiveness of our downtown.
The project budget is $600,000. We’ve already raised a substantial portion of that cost, but we still need help from our friends in Ocean City, all the loyal visitors and vacationers and anyone on GO FUND ME looking for a worthy cause. Whatever you can contribute to our project is greatly appreciated. You and your intentions will be remembered in the prayers of all in our congregation and friends in our community.
In a short while, please stop by and see us when downtown. Visit our renewed Church and relax in our new meditation garden. You are always welcome at our “Home.”
Share with your friends and on Facebook and Instagram.
Here are links to local news report, providing much more information on this historic community and parish project:
The Dispatch - https://mdcoastdispatch.com/2018/02/22/downtown-church-planning-expansion/
Ocean City Today - https://www.oceancitytoday.com/news/st-mary-star-of-the-sea-expands/article_facafd78-6db1-11e9-a587-f31a10a74e08.html