Powell Randolph

My good friend Powell Randolph needs our help!  In 2011 he was diagnosed with cancer - a tumor in his salivary gland that extended into his tongue.  Never before have I seen cancer that has forever changed someone's life like this has changed the lives of Powell and his wife and kids.  Imagine having 80% of your tongue removed.  Imagine trying to relearn how to talk, how to swallow in hopes that you MIGHT be able to eat normally someday, hoping that maybe that remaining 20% of your tongue will allow you to still taste food even if you can't feel it in your mouth.  Imagine having your jaw reconstructed because they had to crack it wide open to dig the cancer out.    This is just a small glimpse of the battle that Powell has faced.  I have posted a link so that you can read more about his journey but it's not over, friends.  There is a new problem.  The plate that is holding his jaw together has failed.  The bone couldn't support it (probably because of weakening due to radiation).  So now they have to go back in and redo the surgery.  This isn't a simple procedure.  First, he has to complete 30 sessions in a hyperbaric chamber to strengthen the bone.  Then he has to have the reconstruction surgery.  The hyperbaric chamber sessions have to be completed on consecutive days to be effective which will prevent him from being able to work and make a living.  Oh, and did I mention that the insurance isn't covering this?  Shocker!  Friends, lets band together and help out this family that is incredibly kind and loving and so deserving of our support.  My goal is to raise $10,000 - this amount will help pay for the surgery and supplement his loss of income for 2 months.  No donation is too small!  If every friend Powell and I have on Facebook gave $5, that would be over $11,000!  We can do it!  

www.powellrandolph.com

Donations

 See top
  • Anonymous 
    • $75 
    • 77 mos
  • Matt Ernst 
    • $50 
    • 77 mos
  • doug murphy 
    • $20 
    • 77 mos
  • daryl raskin 
    • $30 
    • 77 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $50 
    • 77 mos
See all

Organizer

Powell Randolph 
Organizer
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more