House fire

Hello, My name is Nicole and I am starting this for my mother and stepfather.

On Thursday September 22, 2022 their house caught fire. A two story house engulfed in flames within 5 minutes! Thankfully, she was awake and was able to get her dog, Taz, and herself out of the house to their neighbors house to call 911. My step father was not home at the time, again, thankfully!

To the fire dept, police, and other first responders.. THANK YOU! Thank you for putting your lives on the line every single day to protect our community, homes, people, and animals! ❤️

Friday September 23rd we were able to go inside the house to see if we could save anything. Unfortunately, the entire house is gone. It is a TOTAL loss, BUT the master bedroom closet, which held MY BABY PICTURES, MY 2 OLDEST KIDS BABY PICTURES, AND MY MOM + STEPDADS PICTURES, FROM THEIR YOUNGER YEARS, was UNTOUCHED! The one thing that my mom was hoping to have survived the fire actually survived the flames!

Even though they lost EVERYTHING the most important memories were saved and we couldn’t be more thankful!

They are going to need toiletries, food, pots, pans, basically everything for day to day living.
As for now we don’t have anywhere to store furniture but hopefully we will be able to get one this week for them to start their lives over! My family and I really appreciate all of the clothes, blankets, shoes, etc. that people have donated thus far. Your kindness and prayers are also a huge blessing in this tragic time!

Thank you so much for taking the time to donate and even if you can’t donate at this time, I just ask that you keep my parents in your prayers ❤️


Nicole Stewart
Metairie, LA

Your easy, powerful, and trusted home for help

  • Easy

    Donate quickly and easily.

  • Powerful

    Send help right to the people and causes you care about.

  • Trusted

    Your donation is protected by the  GoFundMe Giving Guarantee.