Friday October 23, at 3:30PM, one of our children came home from school on the bus and noticed smoke. Moments later there was fire, and it engulfed the porch. We tried using all of our fire extinguishers, but the flames didn't stop. The fire department wasn't able to arrive in time so our lovely country home was burnt to the ground.
We know that the cause of the fire was a heating wire catching a wooden cat-house on fire.
The house was around 120 years old, and still being added to. We estimate the house value around $200,000. We lost everything inside the house, which we don't have an estimated value for at the moment.
We are a divorced family, a single dad with cancer who can't work, caring for two kids, one of which is disabled. We could really use any help that anyone can give us. We would like to rebuild our lovely home, but that isn't our priority. Our priority is finding shelter from the winter and being able to sustain ourselves.
Please, if you can't donate to help our family, then share this with others you know. We appreciate anything and everything.
If you want to get in contact with me, please email me at [email redacted]
- ryan Vanarsdale
- Hailey Volkart
- Charles Engeldinger
- Carla Engler
#1 fundraising platform
People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more