Our project is titled “Learning Without Limits”. We intend to achieve the following key objectives:
• Reduce digital divides and gaps in access to virtual learning for adolescent girls in Kaduna state
• Provide additional opportunities to cover gaps in access to quality education in light of pandemic restrictions and limitations of educational curricula
• Enhance the subject matter skills of the girls in order to improve performance in specific subject areas
• Demonstrate a community inclusive approach to improving access to quality education for girls
How will this project impact the community?
Closure of schools due to the COVID-19 pandemic has forced an additional 39 million students out of school. This was in addition to the over 13.2 million children that were already out of school before the pandemic in Nigeria. In Kaduna State, studies have revealed a widening gender gap in girls’ access to education during the pandemic. Girls surveyed in Kaduna State experienced less access to learning resources, increased domestic responsibilities, and a lack of academic support from their families.
Our intervention will focus on providing supplementary educational opportunities to benefit female students from the comfort and safety of their homes.
How will the funds be used?
Our target beneficiaries are 40 female students and 10 of our Educational Subsidy Programme (ESP) beneficiaries, totaling 50 girls from 4 public secondary schools in Kaduna North and South Local Government Areas. We will get a written or thumb-printed consent of their parents/guardians and their commitment to letting the girls attend school and be a part of our programming. The girls will also receive learning starter packs containing tablets and accessories, our program guide, internet connectivity equipment, power bank, and chargers to enhance their access to virtual learning tools.
The following educational sessions will be organized to provide additional opportunities and to cover existing gaps:
• Information Technology (IT) and computer literacy sessions to reduce the digital divides and gaps in accessing virtual learning for adolescent girls in Kaduna state.
• Basic Life skills using UNICEF's curriculum in order to improve performance in specific subject areas and reduce gaps to access quality wholesome education.
• Quizzes and Teambuilding
• Climate Emergency curriculum to develop environmental awareness and interest
• End of year and holiday assignment with instructors
Please consider donating to support this project, and please share widely with your networks!
More information is here: Empowering Women for Excellence Initiative Nigeria
This project is supported by the Girls Opportunity Alliance .
Your donation to benefit this campaign/project will be allocated to the Girls Opportunity Alliance Fund (“GOA Fund”), a project of GoFundMe.org (a U.S. public charity). The Girls Opportunity Alliance Fund may grant a refund in limited circumstances at its sole and absolute discretion, however, donations are not refundable after the GoFundMe payment platform has transferred your donation to the Girls Opportunity Alliance Fund. Transfers from GoFundMe to Girls Opportunity Alliance fund typically occur once monthly. All donations are subject to the variance power of GoFundMe.org, as stated in the applicable GoFundMe.org policies (https://www.gofundme.org/policies/). Subject to applicable law, donations may be tax-deductible.
The GOA Fund is restricted to supporting girls' education and your donation is made for the support of the above described project. Notwithstanding that the campaign description may name a specific organization that is anticipated to engage in the projects, GoFundMe.org retains variance power, that is, discretion and control over how funds are disbursed within the purposes of the GOA Fund generally, and within the purpose of the project specifically. For example, if the project does not reach its minimum fundraising goal, GoFundMe.org may re-assign money raised to another campaign within the GOA Fund.
As of April 11, 2019, the Direct Impact Fund operates as GoFundMe.org.
- Charles Wright
- Charles Wright
- Viviane Suncar
- Alicia Imbert Evans
- Marta Escanuelas
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more