My name is Terrence Hubbard I just received a 7 day notice to vacate from city of Detroit Health Department . I currently receive disability social security.
Where am I going to move to?
Who will provide me financial assistance to help me move? I am low income.
Please help. I do not know what I am going to do.
Can send you a copy of the 7 day vacate notice if needed.

thank you,

Terrence Hubbard


My name Is Terrence Hubbard. I currently receive social security disability. I am staying in a 33 unit apartment building. The landlord has abandoned the building for repairs. There are elderly people and children living in the building. There is no heat or hot water in the building.
Are there any weatherization programs available that will at least repair the hot water and heat in the building?

I have already gone through two winters without heat. That would be from this building and a prior building I stayed at.

Not asking for these problems to be repaired:
Electrical Problems in the building
Water leakage problems from floors and ceilings
Possible mold problems
White sinks that have turned black.
Lack of insulation in the walls and ceilings.
Lack of insulation in the windows.
Floors make noises when walking on them.
Holes in walls.
Plumbing repairs.
Pest control services needed.

Please give your feedback regarding what is available for help.

It depends on how much money is raised from this account. Should I take these funds and try to repair the hot water and heat even though I do not own the building?

Do I just need to take these funds to help me move out of this place quickly?

thank you,

Terrence Hubbard
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more