For nearly fifteen years, Emerge has worked in Sri Lanka with teenage girls who have survived sexual abuse and have had the courage to come forward, speak out, stand up for their beliefs, and protect others. Emerge provides support and programming while these young women live in shelters and testify in court, and as they transition back into society. By supporting their healing process and giving these brave young women the skills and resources needed to live self-sufficient lives and enact their own visions of change, Emerge believes that we can create a generation of girls who will end violence in their sphere of influence.
YOUR SUPPORT DURING COVID-19:
Child abuse is increasing during COVID-19. Many of our alumnae are experiencing job loss, food insecurity, and mental health challenges. Our fundraisers in Sri Lanka have been cancelled and some of our local sponsors no longer have funding to support us. We are turning to you, our generous community that helped bring us to life, to help us raise the $30,000 we need right now.
Your tax-deductible donation, big or small, helps us further our goal of helping brave young women who have survived childhood sexual abuse.
Your donation helps survivors to:
· Regain livelihoods lost to the pandemic
· Manage their daily needs and find safe accommodation in an economic crisis
· Receive ongoing mental health support and care
Your support will help Emerge to:
· Continue to conduct life skills and entrepreneurial training for teen survivors in shelters (read more )
· Launch an entrepreneurial center for survivors to assist them in becoming self-sufficient business women
· Re-launch the residential portion of our Emerge Centre for Reintegration when COVID-19 has passed, to support survivors phased out of the shelters at age 18 (read more )
SPREAD THE WORD!
In addition to contributing, we hope you'll get involved and spread the word! If you'd like to share your support on your social media, feel free to use these social graphics we've created when you do:
· Dancer Emerge Graphic for Social Media
· Krav Maga Emerge Graphic for Social Media
· Teen Mother Emerge Graphic for Social Media
Please feel free to email our founder, Alia, at [email redacted] on how you can get involved. We'd love to have you help with our fundraising through this gofundme!
DonationsSee top donations
- Angela Whitney
- Matt Brown
- Torre Tyagi Hinnant