On Sept. 23, the Ebell's house had an electrical fire. Fortunately the family was not at home, however they did lose their two recently adopted cats, Junior and Beyoncé. A neighbor who called 911 was able to get their dog Kash out of the house, and their sweet cat Mesa also survived.
Jim, Trisha, Marty, and Kash are currently living with friends until the insurance process starts. Their oldest son Nate is at college at Florida State University in Tampa.
The house and the items inside are considered a total loss. They will not be able to move back in until it can be re-built. They will be renting a furnished house until they can move back.
The family appreciates all the kind words and generosity they have received. All of the donations raised will go directly to the Ebell's to use at discretion while they recover.
DonationsSee top donations
- Mike Ward
- Karen Enright
- Janice Borowski
- Deborah Poropat
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more