Help Baby Esther

My name is Lorin and I'm creating this Go Fund Me account on behalf of my sister Connie, my brother-in-law Tim and my precious, unborn niece, Baby Esther.  

Connie and Tim met on E-harmony in 2010 and were married just one year after their first date. They have been married for almost 5 years now and have desired nothing more than to have a family. In April of 2014, Connie gave birth to a beautiful baby girl named Ellie and our world became a much more wonderful place. Connie and Tim were one step closer to realizing their dreams.

Unexpectedly, the following year Connie and Tim became pregnant with twins and they could not have been more excited. Not only was their family growing, but Connie had always dreamed of having twins. (They run in our family!)  The babies were loved and cherished from the moment their parents found out about them, even though they weren't planned, there was a one year old to deal with, and finances were tight. 

Tragically, in June of 2015 Connie miscarried both babies and the couple was devastated. While the grief was still fresh, Connie and Tim had to make the difficult decision to sell their family home and move somewhere with a lower monthly mortgage payment in an effort to save enough money to pay off Tim's school loans. Unfortunately, their house sold before they found a  new home and they had to resort to moving into an apartment with a short-term lease.

Even in the midst of the move and living in a much smaller place, Connie and Tim's desire to grow their family did not wane. After consulting with doctors and waiting for Connie's body to heal from the previous trauma, they began to try again, having faith that they would be in a new house soon. On Christmas day 2015, Connie and Tim announced to the family that they were pregnant again, and we all rejoiced at the happy news.

With a new baby on the way and the lease to their apartment nearing its end, Connie and Tim desperately searched for a new home. At what seemed the last minute, they finally found a house. Unfortunately, it was anything but move-in-ready and they were forced to move into a small apartment over the garage while they rennovated the house. With finances tight to begin with and the added expenses of closing on a house, Connie and Tim had to resort to paying for basic necessities with credit cards.  

In Connie's 19th week of pregnancy, she went to find out the gender of the baby and the technician discovered an abnormality in the baby's chest. Connie was sent to a specialist the next day who confirmed that the baby had a mass, filled with both solid parts and fluid-filled cysts (Congenital Cystic Adenomatoid Malformation or CCAM)in her chest cavity and it was so large that it was pressing on the baby's heart and left lung. The danger with the mass, is that if it grows too large, it could cause a condition called Hydrops, an accumulation of fluid in the organs or body cavity, which leads to congestive heart failure, causing death.  If the baby develops Hydrops, Connie may develop congestive heart failure as well. 

Connie and Tim were told that if the mass grew larger than 1.6 (not sure what units are used to measure the mass - it is a ratio proportional to the size of the rest of the body) that Hydrops could develop, in which case Connie would need to go to the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia to see the top specialists in the world on this condition. They monitored the mass closely and by the third measuring, the mass had grown to exactly 1.6. Connie and Tim used what limited resources they had to rush to Philadelphia.

Before arriving at the hospital, Connie and Tim revealed the name of their already beloved baby girl, Esther Nicole, along with requests for prayers. By the first day in Philadelphia they had already racked up thousands in deductables from tests and procedures, their credit cards now maxed out. As of April 3rd, they are in Philadelpha where the doctors have drained a large amount of fluid from the mass, which had grown to over 2, reducing it to 1.25.

On April 4th, they will find out if the cyst has refilled with fluid. If it has, Connie and Tim will have to pursue many more expensive procedures in order to save their child, including installing a shunt to drain the cyst into the womb.

Most of all Connie and Tim desire prayers for their little one. But if you would like to help with their expenses, please click Donate Now.  Every little bit helps! We would so much like to take this burden off of them, with everything else they are having to deal with right now. Thank you in advance for your prayers and donations.

Baby Esther's Aunt Lorin.
  • Anonymous
    • $100 
    • 69 mos
  • Katie Buck
    • $320 
    • 75 mos
  • Anonymous
    • $50 
    • 76 mos
  • Martha Kubin
    • $50 
    • 76 mos
  • Kathleen Buck
    • $320 
    • 77 mos
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

Lorin DeHart Melton
Matthews, NC
Constance Lesondak

Your easy, powerful, and trusted home for help

  • Easy

    Donate quickly and easily.

  • Powerful

    Send help right to the people and causes you care about.

  • Trusted

    Your donation is protected by the  GoFundMe Giving Guarantee.