Diana is a person who suffers from cerebral palsy however, this has not stopped her for enjoying life and helping everyone around her. She has devoted her life to helping others, specially others who also suffer from cerebral palsy. She worked as a teacher for special needs children at a specialized facility in Bogotá Colombia. On her free time, she organized trips so special needs children who had never been outdoors, played in a playground or flown a kite would have those experiences. She never misses the opportunity to help someone. In recent years, she has had to slow down since she has had health issues resulting from the strain put on muscles and joints by the way she walks and moves. She needs our help, she can no longer walk further than a few feet at a time and can no longer work.
Late afternoon on Saturday January 20th her home caught fire. Fortunately, she was dragged out of the house and saved early on during the fire, nothing was saved except the pajamas she was wearing. Since she lives in a rural area outside the city of Tocancipa, Colombia, the fire department took quite a long time to arrive, and once they did nothing was left, they just put out the rubble that was still burning.
Diana needs to rebuild her home, new clothes and furniture.
It is very hard to start over, but it is impossible for someone with C.P. to start over at 64, let’s give Diana a helping hand.
Following are pictures of what was left after the fire.
- Julian Castro
- Julian Castro
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more