My family and I are now working round the clock to get my mother back home in Miami, FL to get the proper care that is critical to her recovery and also transport my fathers remains to the states to have a proper viewing.
My mother's situation is extremely delicate as she suffered a traumatic head injury in the accident. She is in a third world country where the medical system has extremely scarce resources and where the Venezuelan neurosurgeons asked our family to search for MEDICINE on the black market because they do not have the basic medicine to keep her stable while she is in intensive care in the hospital. In one case, our family members traded "1 lb. Rice, 1 lb. Corn Meal, 1 lb. Sugar" in exchange for one vial of a crucial blood pressure medication.
Fortunately, my mother purchased traveler's insurance through Allianz, an American Airlines insurance provider, that is covering a large portion of the costs of getting my fathers remains and my mother back home in an air ambulance.
WE NEED YOUR HELP to cover all the costs that we are anticipating in the months to come. Here are some of the many expenses we will have to endure during this difficult time:
• Hospital costs for my mother: $10,000 (we don't know how long she will be hospitalized. It could be 1 month, or 3 to 4 months, maybe more)
• Post hospital therapy: $10,000 (my mother may need physical or mental therapy after she leaves the hospital)
• Mortgage/association for next 3-6 months: $5,000 - $10,000
• Car insurance payments 3-6 months: $1800
• Utilities 3-6 months: $700 (cell phone, water, light, internet..)
• Office rent 3-6 months: $3000 (my mother is self-employed and pays rent for a small office, we do not want to lose that space so she can have the option to go back to work if she so desires when she is healthy)
• Funeral Costs: $5000 - $8000 (we are planning to have a viewing for my father in Miami, FL that is not covered by insurance)
• Any other unforeseen costs: $5000
TOTAL APPROXIMATION OF COSTS: $50,000 (It's hard to do an estimate of the costs due to not knowing the full extent of my mother's injuries and how long she will need to be hospitalized and/or how long she will need therapy afterwards.)
My name is Kevin Bryant Ramirez. I'm in Miami, FL. I am the middle child of three siblings. I am writing this plea on behalf of us three and our mother. Any funds we receive will be kept in our family's designated account to be used as necessary.
If you are unable to help with donations, please share this link on your social media and with your family and friends.
ANYTHING YOU CAN GIVE WILL BE TRULY APPRECIATED!
In remembrance of my father, Ricardo Jose Ramirez, please hug your family members and tell them you love them. Let this act of love be a symbol of the celebration of his extraordinary life.
DonationsSee top donations
- Millie Styles
- Michelle Preston
- Johnny Addison
- Eglis Caraballo
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more