Delta's Emergency Vet Bills

At the beginning of last week, a fundraiser was the last thing I had on my mind...
As some of you know our Delta, she is a bundle of joy and happiness. She has always been healthy, and we never had any troubles, until last week Tuesday 18th... I heard a loud bang downstairs in our house, and found Delta fitting on the floor by the front door. We thought that at that moment, we would lose her, there and then, we didn't know what was happening. Got on the phone to an emergency vets which have taken her in at around 5am. We were told 40 minutes later that she is not well and will be staying overnight. Had a call in the morning to say that she had another seizure with them at 08.15am. They have done extensive tests to rule out all possibilities before getting to epilepsy and meningitis. She had an MRI scan and spinal fluids taken following day, so was with them for a total of 3 days. Whilst searching for the cause of said seizures, they found abnormalities with her little heart, which was a little larger than it should be... they told us it is most probably Cardiomyopathy, to which she has now been referred to a cardiologist for. This brought our bill to £4,340, most of it covered by the insurance company, but we had to pay out over £1,350 from our own pocket for excess and all the medication. This has already drained us, and we were not ready for more so soon...

Her results from the MRI have come back, showing minor inflammation which they said was most likely caused by the two seizures she had day prior to the scan.  Other than that, slight differences in her brain, but nothing out of the ordinary that could be causing the seizures. We were told to stop the medication on Wednesday and take it from there, but we were not ready for what came shortly after...

She was all fine until Saturday afternoon, where she had a 4minute seizure at 13.49, after which it took her around 2 hours to fully recover. She was fine in the evening, until around 8pm where I noticed something isn't right, so we monitored her. After about two hours of her being unsettled, she began sliding all over the place so I got onto the phone with the vets who saw her week prior, and informed them that she looks like she is about to have another fit... she didn't, but she continued being very unsettled. We brought her back to the vets at midnight on Saturday, where they have decided to keep her overnight in the intensive care unit again, as she was still suffering neurological side effects post seizure. At 06.50am I received a call to say she had another seizure at 05.30am, which lasted almost 10 minutes, and no medication could stop it, so they had to use something so strong which heavily sedated her, and she is now still asleep since then.

They have decided to test her liver, where the norm is supposed to be between 20-118,  whereas hers is 498. They have minor concerns on it being a liver disease, that causes seizures... but we are in a huge grey area, with no way out. She needs to be assessed by a neurologist and cardiologist within the next week, as it is an emergency if we want to stop her suffering. This is additional costs to us, which we are struggling to put money together for, including additional overnight stays in intensive care where she is at the moment, kept comfortable and on oxygen, as she is in a 'coma' caused by the strength of the medication she was given to be able to stop the violent seizure.

The funds that I am trying to collect will help us cover some of the excess and medication costs for the coming days. We have some money to pay towards it, but still have a long way to go to be able to cover it all. We will be grateful for any £1 donated, as every penny makes a difference. I can't describe how much I would appreciate every donation, no matter how little or how big. It will all go towards our little baby in helping her get better and back up on her feet. If you cannot donate, please help us and share.

Delta has become a part of our family since she came into our lives on the 14th of July 2018, at the age of 9 weeks. Her arrival was a secret until the minute I brought her through out doorstep. She means the absolute world to us, and we will do anything we can to make sure we give her the best possible life. It is absolutely heartbreaking seeing her in the vulnerable state that she is in right now, and it hurts even more to not be able to be with her at the vets due to COVID. She is our little princess, who lights up the room as soon as she trots in. She is the light of our lives, and I don't know what I'd do without her. 

I am attaching some photographs of her before all of this, during and a photo from today that the vets took for us when we asked. As well as last weeks vet bills, which do not include the medication she has been given following the discharge.

Thank you so much to everyone in advance, again, I can't describe how much this would mean to us. 50829832_1598814090467901_r.jpeg
50829832_1598814136290053_r.jpeg
50829832_1598814152634965_r.jpeg
50829832_1598814229312804_r.jpeg
50829832_1598814239832202_r.jpeg
50829832_1598814267975065_r.jpeg
50829832_1598814288233483_r.jpeg
50829832_1598814304482036_r.jpegThis one is on the back of her neck, where she had her spinal fluids drained during the MRI.

50829832_1598814356818165_r.jpeg
50829832_1598814374957693_r.jpegThis is her currently at the vets being kept on oxygen, unconscious.

Donations

 See top
  • Anonymous 
    • £10 
    • 1 mo
  • Kamila Rogucka 
    • £20 
    • 1 mo
  • Anonymous 
    • £50 
    • 1 mo
  • Jason Rodrigues 
    • £15 
    • 1 mo
  • Atlanta De Guzman 
    • £10 
    • 1 mo
See all

Organizer

Samantha Abramczyk 
Organizer
Hounslow, Greater London, United Kingdom
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more