Please join together and help Dee Dee. Her home was the subject of a devastating house fire that broke out the morning of September 4th leaving her and some of her animals hospitalized and homeless as flames and smoke tore through her entire house leaving nothing behind.
Six of her pets were rescued and treated by oxygen through animal-sized masks and some for minor burns while unfortunately one cat did not make it. Dee Dee was hospitalized and treated for smoke inhalation and minor burns.
Dee Dee does not have any children. Her animals are her children and her entire life and the only thing she was worried about during the entire time was her animals, “She was very concerned about the animals,” the chief said. “She really didn’t care about the house. It was ‘Get my animals. Get my animals.’” (quote from newsday article)
Dee Dee also has a farm and a barn behind her house, where she keeps other animals, including horses, a rabbit, roosters, chickens, pigs, ducks and goats. Luckily they were not hurt but all the hay and animal supplies were ruined by the fire.
Please help get her back on her feet in any way you can. You can either donate here or help by making a donation to The Barn Pet Feed & Supplies. The Barn is aware of the situation and said that people can call in to purchase products/supplies and/or gift cards and they will deliver everything to her. The Barn is located at 315 Bay Shore Rd., Deer Park and their phone number is [phone redacted].
- Pamela Caponigro
- connie schwab
- Linda Schneider
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more