Something that became clear to me after creating the podcast “Death is Hilarious'' was the need for more services and resources that are inclusive for all grieving people. This is particularly the case for people in the LGBTQ+, black, brown, indigenous, people of color communities, as well as other underrepresented groups such as polyamorous widows, unwed widows, and more.
So on January 31, I filed an application to designate Death is Hilarious as a tax-exempt nonprofit organization (The Death is Hilarious Grief Relief Foundation) that will provide:
- one-on-one mentorship programs
- peer-led support groups
- professional-led groups and talks
- resource connections
- and podcast production services
with the humorous, realistic, and death-positive approach that Death Is Hilarious is best known for to individuals experiencing grief at no cost to them.
In order to be able to help as many grieving people who need our services as possible, we’re raising money to employ at least one full-time staff member to manage these programs as well as cover operational and expansion expenses by hosting a virtual comedy festival, "Death is Hilarious" (March 20 at 12:00 pm pst) and fundraising drive!
Each person who makes a donation of $25 or more will receive a ticket to the virtual comedy festival "Death is Hilarious," featuring comedians who make jokes about death, trauma, and loss. You’ll also receive a thank you gift from one of our generous sponsors.
- After you donate, you’ll receive a private message here on GoFundMe with the link to redeem your thank you gifts, the link to join the virtual comedy show, and a link for your receipt.
- Physical gifts will be shipped at the end of the fundraiser on March 20th after the comedy festival, and digital gifts will be available immediately.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to get in touch by emailing Tawny
We are also looking for volunteers to help us spread the word about this fundraiser in addition to mentors, support group facilitators, additional hosts for the Death is Hilarious podcast, blog writers, and more! Visit our website to get involved or email Tawny.
Thank you so much for supporting our mission to get grieving people the help they need- we couldn’t do it without you!
Note: GoFundMe has limited image capabilities - to see these images as intended, please visit our website here