Family Looses Home to Fire

Hi all. As most of you may know, there were several fires that happened on Halloween night.

Unfortunately, just before midnight, after my mom and brother had returned from the hospital. My mom's apartment building where she lives with her spouse and my younger brother and sister (6+11 years old) were one of those places. 

The suite directly above hers on the 3rd floor was the suite to catch fire due to the result of fireworks. It has caused extensive smoke, water and structure damage to their suite directly below on the second floor. And as far as we know, they might not be able to enter their suite again to recover anything at this point. They, along with a few other units that have been displaced since. 

For those of you who know my family, you know that my younger brother has autism and is taking this extremely hard because all he wants to do, is go home. Unfortunately there is no insurance to cover anything that was lost in this case.

What is donated will also go to the others affected by this fire, as some are close friends to my family. Also, if you are unsure about what to donate or if you are unable too, sharing this post is more than enough.

Thank you so much everyone.

Donations (0)

  • Kajal Dhaliwal 
    • $100 
    • 2 mos
  • Lyle Lovtvedt  
    • $100 
    • 2 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $690 
    • 2 mos
  • Jayden Donato 
    • $20 
    • 2 mos
  • Mary Collopy 
    • $100 
    • 2 mos
See all


Ashley Gosal 
Vancouver, BC
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more